Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marble and 70 yr old license plate!

timofthree

Oct 21, 2018
Found these today. Low river meant I was pretending to do some mudlarking and after finding a what I think was a top to a broken Coke I saw this marble.

timofthree

Oct 21, 2018
Nice finds! I like both of them! Keep your eye out for arrowheads too. There are a lot of them along the riverbanks.
I absolutely do! Unfortunately this is damned so this waterline dates to about the 30s. A lot of history got flooded over in the name of hydro-power. I really feel like that would be the ultimate find.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
that plate must be aluminum , cause it doesn't appear to have rusted much . I've found marbles here before , sometimes when swimming but I don't really collect them

timofthree

Oct 21, 2018
that plate must be aluminum , cause it doesn't appear to have rusted much . I've found marbles here before , sometimes when swimming but I don't really collect them
Correct. It was bent up pretty good and almost broke while I flattened it out a bit. Wondering if an antique store will laugh at me if I take it in?

Little Wing

Nov 27, 2009
Maine
I love finding marbles and glass buttons. I live by the Penobscot River in Bangor, Maine and find marbles almost every time I go poking around. Never found a license plate.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spankyann