Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marbles from the 1896 homestead?

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
They really do look like the bee waters ones but more green wen in water. But either is possible, there are big farms around and the smoke house is 5ft from where these were found

Sent with smiles Steph

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
Industrial marbles we're also used for making fiberglass, shipped by trains to fiberglass manufacturers.
Would make sense since the home owner at one point worked for the railroad and ran the home as a boarding house before the hotel was built for the stop

Sent with smiles Steph

shotdwn

Jan 13, 2018
Macomb, IL
I don't think you will ever know what they were for exactly. Any one of the suggested uses could be the right answer. The best thing to do with them is to just enjoy them and the memories of finding them.

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
I don't think you will ever know what they were for exactly. Any one of the suggested uses could be the right answer. The best thing to do with them is to just enjoy them and the memories of finding them.
Probably so, I am keeping a few. But having 65 of them isn't feasible. So they will find themselves a new home when someone sees them and wants them more than me.

Sent with smiles Steph

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola L