Marbles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rando

Reaction score
Picked these 2 up yesterday , was looking for some info as to the correct name for them . Are they both solid core ? The one has yellow & white center with a mostly inward outer swirl . Any guess on age of these also . Any info is apreciated . Thanks.
randy

D19419BFDA5A4FBFB8ABF74203AEB2A0.jpg

Attachments

• D19419BFDA5A4FBFB8ABF74203AEB2A0.jpg
    D19419BFDA5A4FBFB8ABF74203AEB2A0.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 157

glass man

Reaction score
Your marbles are called" LATTICINIO CORE SWIRLS" the white is the most common and the yellow is less common and is worth more,orange,green,red ,or blue which are worth more .. Size makes a differance also,the bigger the better and of course the bigger the size the more the worth. of course condition enters in. Your marbles are from GERMANY and fron the late or so 1800s and are handmade. Marble collectors as far as I can tell are into old machine made marbles.I think that will change as any machine made stuff ,just like marbles, were made in the millions I guess. THE way to go is handmade and get them while they are stll fairly cheap,they are gorgeous! Go to :marble connection" to find out more. To measure a marble I use a cheap plastic calliper for the measuring for the out side and can also measure the in side of an object. 9 ince calerber is all that is nedded for marbles. Can be found on ebay for a pretty cheap pair.THE marbles of this age have a pontile mark on one or both ends. Not like a bottle pontile ,but it is more like a BUMP.

rando

Reaction score
Thanks Glassman , they measure close to 2 1/2 inches and have seen better days ., but i think they are neat anyway . Thanks again .
randy

glass man

Reaction score
YOU take great pictures! I wish you lived close to me and could take pictures of my marbles I would like to sell. Some small flea bites does not hurt a marble alot as kids were not thinking of future value when playing with them! 2 1/2 is a good size.They list in my book by ROBERT BLOCK 3rd ED. as being worth$240 mint,near mint $160 and so on.DON'T THINK YOU WILL EVER GET THAT FOR THEM! Like most collectables the prices are unreal and you can throw away the book as far as prices are concerned.Look at handmade marbles on ebay to get a real idea of what they go for: not much I am afraid.Machine made marbles are the rage now ,but are ugly to me and handmade ones will come around,because zillions of them weren't made ,like the machine made ones. ALSO IF THE BASE GLASS IS SOMETHING OTHER THAN CLEAR IT MAKES THE MARBLE WORTH MORE. I CAN,T TELL IS THE BASE GLASS ON YOURS YELLOWISH OR MAYBE IT IS JUST THE LIGHT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora