Mason Jar Ident help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Hi all, I have this Consolidated Fruit Jar Company bottle, but can't place a year or a value for it. The bottom has what looks to be a reverse 4, or maybe a poorly formed "A". Next to that is a definite "A" (Atlas?) and what looks to be another "A" ghosted just below and a bit to the side of it. Any help/ info would be great....I love learning about this stuff. Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 129

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hi all, I have this Consolidated Fruit Jar Company bottle, but can't place a year or a value for it. The bottom has what looks to be a reverse 4, or maybe a poorly formed "A". Next to that is a definite "A" (Atlas?) and what looks to be another "A" ghosted just below and a bit to the side of it. Any help/ info would be great....I love learning about this stuff. Thanks
Here is a link to information about masons patent jars.
ROBBYBOBBY64 https://glassbottlemarks.com/masons-patent-november-30th-1858-antique-jars/

If your interested in buying the Redbook here is a link for that also.

They made lots of reproductions in the 70's of these types of jars. They still do.

Last edited:

coreya

Reaction score
Looks kinda like a #1927 in the red book but need more info, is it ground lip? what size? Doesn't look like a repo but need a pic of the lip. The marks on the base are mold marks used to ID which mold the jar came out of. Age could be anywhere from late 1890's to 1910 ish

nhpharm

Reaction score
Nice midget pint jar...those are my favorites. Likely 1890's. The lid is worth more than the jar...jar worth probably $10-15, lid worth $25+ depending on condition and what markings it might have.

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Looks kinda like a #1927 in the red book but need more info, is it ground lip? what size? Doesn't look like a repo but need a pic of the lip. The marks on the base are mold marks used to ID which mold the jar came out of. Age could be anywhere from late 1890's to 1910 ish
Thanks for the input, I'll send some more pics soon

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu