Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Mason?

treeguyfred

Mar 9, 2013
Northern N.J.
All that I can say is it's a machine finished lip so that puts it after 1910 ish. That is with the widely accepted assumption that machine manufacturing may not have immediately been accepted or could be afforable to all glass houses. Nice canner, it's early 1900's and looks pretty durned clean. The color looks like a light Hemingray Blue.
~Fred

klaatu

May 29, 2016
The Red Book lists jars in alphabetical order. 1648-5 is the numerical reference for that particular jar. #1648-5 only lists the jar as a Bead Seal variation, rather than the Shoulder Seal variation in your pics. I do agree that it is a Ball-made jar. Is there any faint or erased embossing that you can see above the word Mason?

Tandrews

Feb 16, 2021
The Red Book lists jars in alphabetical order. 1648-5 is the numerical reference for that particular jar. #1648-5 only lists the jar as a Bead Seal variation, rather than the Shoulder Seal variation in your pics. I do agree that it is a Ball-made jar. Is there any faint or erased embossing that you can see above the word Mason?
I don't see any other embossing on the jar. The word Mason is super smooth like it's fading away.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beachtimothy67