Masons Root Beer find...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timofthree

Reaction score
Out walking an old railroad line with my 3yr old son a bit ago, he was riding up on my shoulders. He spotted this and we brought it home and it cleaned up ok. I was amazed at how heavy the bottle is. Thick glass! My boy has found a few other bottles and definitely has an eagle eye!

DA24EBD5-D376-49C8-B03B-B2D4EA31026A.jpg

EE8817D3-C923-478C-971F-16327802732E.jpg

My only ACL so far and I was surprised to see that this started out yellow!? Any one think there’s any value to this? Or just a good start to a small soda collection?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Not much value in that condition sadly, but a good start to a collection! Those old soda bottles were so heavy because they were meant to be used over and over again for pressurized contents. It's definitely easy to get hooked on collecting these soda bottles, even though there aren't as many to be found in the woods as there once were there are still plenty out there.

RCO

Reaction score
must be an American brand as I haven't seen it before , likely little value but a neat souvenir and I'd definitely keep it

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Mason's Root Beer was Franchised out of Chicago, Illinois.
Here is a version bottled by the American Soda Water Bottling Co of St. Louis. Somewhat common bottle around here.
P1010938.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
By the way timofthree, that's a pretty cool story about you and your son out treasure hunting. Its always fun finding anything out on walks or wherever. Hopefully more treasures are to be found.

timofthree

Reaction score
Thank you all for the comments and input! This will stay in the collection for now with the special meaning and my love for the railroad. Also wanted to point out it was found here in Oregon, so quite a ways away from its bottling.

I have another nice soda find in can form I hope to share soon, it needs some clean up and rust removal so stay tuned!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi