Medieval Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I don't post much anymore because I don't really collect much anymore; but I collected these over a couple years. They're medieval Islamic, one Byzantine, and one unknown in origin. Mostly from the later half of the first millennium. I had a few of them authenticated.
Ancient Glass.jpg

Before anyone takes fright: I slowly cooled these to temperature before bringing them outside for photographing. No direct contact with snow-- they're actually on a couple layers of paper towel. I then slowly warmed them back up to room temp before putting them back on display. Temp outside was above freezing and things were melting rapidly when I took this as a new group photo for the ancient glassware Facebook group.

Just thought I'd share some winter color.

Nickneff

Reaction score
I don't post much anymore because I don't really collect much anymore; but I collected these over a couple years. They're medieval Islamic, one Byzantine, and one unknown in origin. Mostly from the later half of the first millennium. I had a few of them authenticated.
View attachment 217232
Before anyone takes fright: I slowly cooled these to temperature before bringing them outside for photographing. No direct contact with snow-- they're actually on a couple layers of paper towel. I then slowly warmed them back up to room temp before putting them back on display. Temp outside was above freezing and things were melting rapidly when I took this as a new group photo for the ancient glassware Facebook group.

Just thought I'd share some winter color.
Man that is some crude I love the green bottle sweet

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Man that is some crude I love the green bottle sweet
There's actually a similar one on ebay right now, but it's cruder and pricey. This example, though reconstructed, is my favorite because of the basket weave pattern. I bought a lot of three just for this bottle then sold the others to pay for it lol.

ArmyDigger

Bottle digger, collector, and military historian
Reaction score
real amazing how this stuff can still survive if I owned those they'd go into a vault id be so paranoid about them

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Amazing that they lasted that long. Great patina on those smaller ones. I love the big green one in the back. Is that one authenticated? Can you post more pictures of it? From the bottom to the top, love it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Army Digger, some of them can be quite robust. Roman glassware, which is blown, tends to be frail. But the cast Islamic glassware is very durable.

Robby Bobby, Yes, a couple of them were authenticated. The big green one in back had also been professionally reconstructed.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Army Digger, some of them can be quite robust. Roman glassware, which is blown, tends to be frail. But the cast Islamic glassware is very durable.

Robby Bobby, Yes, a couple of them were authenticated. The big green one in back had also been professionally reconstructed.
I think you posted the big green one before if I am not mistaken. Great vessel.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ArmyDigger

Bottle digger, collector, and military historian
Reaction score

well thats nice to know I still wouldn't trust them to old and valuable what do you think they could go for just curious I dont see bottles this age for sale very much?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
well thats nice to know I still wouldn't trust them to old and valuable what do you think they could go for just curious I dont see bottles this age for sale very much?

Most of them, under 80 bucks each. I normally buy them for 40 bucks each. Market is saturated, demand is low.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi