- Oct 8, 2020
- Reaction score
J. W. Grant and Co. was a grocery business on the corner of Hawthorne and Brown Streets from 1914 to 1916. Grant had been a grocer as early as 1902, but from 1905 to 1914 he shared the partnership of Nickerson and Grant with A. J. Nickerson. The two also formed the Standard Soda Water Company, which made soda water (“pop”) from 1902 until 1916.