Mercurochrome Bottle in wooden box

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bohdan

Reaction score
Looks like it would go in it. I have a feeling that’s what it came in. Maybe it was how they did it at the local pharmacy? Even if it’s not the original box that the medicine came in it’s really old and neat. It makes prefect for putting the bottle in and displaying it.
Can't tell the size - but looks like a pencil box to me. These 'slide-lid' boxes were used for hundreds of things.

sandchip

Reaction score
Sweet bottle!

As a side note, iodine would light you up, too. I still use it. Hurts so good!

sandchip

Reaction score
Everybody here at ABN needs to remember the effect that our comments can have on our fellow collectors, especially those relatively new to the hobby. Although some of us were lucky to start by finding a Hutch or even pontils, many started with less monetarily valuable bottles. but valuable to the individual because they simply see beauty in a bottle that is no longer made that way. Once in a while, we find ourselves lamenting the apparent decline in young collectors entering the hobby, yet fail to check ourselves when someone posts a bottle that we might not find that desirable, because our tastes in early glass have evolved through the years in the hobby. As a 14 year old kid, I started my collection with a later varient of a hobbleskirt Coke and thought that I had reached the pinnacle of bottledom when I found a pyramid RC Cola bottle. Now, I collect colored pontils. Thank God for people like Tom Hicks, with his unbelievable collection, to whom I could show a Bromo-Seltzer, and he would find something nice to say about it, something encouraging, a lead that all of us should emulate, regardless of whether or not we find another collector's bottle that interesting to us personally. Otherwise, maybe nothing at all would be the better response.

And yes, that mercurochrome bottle is amazing. The best example that I've seen, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum