Message in a Bottle...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
You always hear about people putting a note in a bottle and throwing it in to the ocean for someone near or far to find...I'm just curious if you were to "dig" a bottle that had a note inside of it - from long ago - how totally cool that would be!?!?!

If you were to put a note in a bottle today and bury it for a "bottle collector" to find years from now...

What would you say in the note? Would it be about the bottle - about you - would you leave a map to your local landfill so they could go dig it? What?

rockbot

Reaction score
I have a river behind my house and my kids and I would send bottles down with our name, phone number and date. No one has every called. I guess its pretty rare for a bottle to survive the journey.

Rocky

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: digdug

Here is a link to a post I did a few years back about a note I found in a bottle while digging....addressed to ME! I never did find out who wrote it and placed it in my digging spot.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-32870/mpage-1/key-note%252Cbottle/tm.htm#32870

So did you ever find out? Were you able to tell by the handwriting? My money would be on your wife...I would have bought some ice cold cokes - and under the moonlight looked in to her eyes and said "I love you too" - she'd of started giggling and the truth would be out! LOL

I hope you saved the note (framed it and placed it next to the bottle) - the center piece of your collection! What a sweet story!

digdug

Reaction score
My wife said it wasn't her and no one else has ever stepped up and confessed. One of lifes mystery.

Plumbata

Reaction score
A while ago, I had heard about a bottle with a suicide note being found by road construction worker when the interstate through Peoria was being revamped. I can't access the whole article but here is a snippet:

Did old whiskey bottle hold 1896 suicide note? PEORIA - Beneath the surface of a rebuilt interstate, Tim Dickinson found a mystery that has him wondering about the possible death of a man more than 100 years ago. It centers around a corked, old whiskey bottle that may contain the final words of a man "tired" of living. Dickinson, 28, a union worker from Pekin, was digging dirt last summer along Interstate 74 when he made his discovery.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981