Metal Detectors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

California Dream N

Reaction score
I have owned my current metal detector (a Whites) for Years and am looking to replace it. Does anyone have a brand and model that they are thrilled with? I just want one to relic hunt and play around with. Does anyone have a recommendation? While price is not really a deciding factor I am thinking of spending $800.00 or less.. But I will spend more if that's what it takes..Thanks..Norene

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Norene, I am an avid relic hunter. I don't know what model of Whites you have, but you cannot go wrong with the Whites XLT. I also use a Garretts GTAX 750 which they do not produce anymore but it is a good machine as well. I believe they replaced it with a Garretts 1350. Of coarse..... this is just my opinion. Kelley

California Dream N

Reaction score
Thanks Kelley..This is what I wanted the opinion of people who are using these machines. I am leaning towards White just because I have had such good luck with the one I own. It wasn't used alot but I am embarrassed to tell how old it is. When I called one dealer he offered me a good trade in just to get his hands on a working Whites this "old".. I have also heard good things about Garrett and Tesoro...Thanks again ... Norene

towhead

Reaction score
I have a Garretts GTI 1500. No complaints. They are running about $800.

dewdog

Reaction score
Have had a White's Spectrum for many years---anything happens to it, would get another.........

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum