Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Michigan Milk Bottles

Venor_Thesaurus

Jul 15, 2020
Not a lot of books on the subject, but have run across a lot of people that collect specific Michigan Milk Bottles. Would love to talk more and see pictures from collectors!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Venor_Thesaurus

Jul 15, 2020
Going to reply to my own post..A customer on eBay recently asked me about C.E. Posey Dairy near or in Marine City, MI. Has anyone heard of this Dairy? Nothing available online that I could find.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

macjxl

Oct 17, 2015
Yinnar Australia
I collect round embossed amber milk bottles. The only Michigan item I'm aware of is a buttermilk quart from Emblagard Dairy from Marquette. Both Tutton & Fisher list this bottle in their books, but I've not even seen a picture of one.

woods_walker

Jun 4, 2018
Here’s what I’ve dug just this year minus a blank slug plate quart milk I haven’t cleaned up yet. I’m not much of a milk bottle collector but I have a few. The Sunnybrook Dairy would be my most rare milk. Cathro is just a ghost town now and I’ve never came across another milk bottle from there. It could possibly be the only one known in the one pint size. I was told there is a quart version of that bottle listed in the Michigan milk book.

This one is a bottom embossed milk out of Detroit pre 1915. I believe it’s embossed J W Ladd Co. I’m hunting right now and don’t have access to it at the moment to confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
My Michigan Milk Bottle Book shows 5 different C.E. Posey a.k.a Marine City Dairy. I got a few different Michigan Milks, Most I dug myself. Here's one from a very small obscure ghost town only a couple of miles west of Marine City. The Elms LeCLARE'S from Starville Michigan. I've been through this town a few times. Not even a town, just a Intersection with Church & Cemetary on one Corner & Gas Station on other Corner. Population of maybe 5 people at most in a 5 square mile area. LEON.
StarvilleMilk4.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NONNA