Mid Michigan Diggers Wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mgardziella

Reaction score
I'm near Lansing and would like tod o a dig sometime, even if it's just for someone to show me the ropes. Let me know.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bill, There was a huge old dump a Construction crew dug into while excavating on Detroit Rivers Edge by Belle Isle. This was about 3 years back. Me & a buddy tried accessing it but with a fence & guard in booth on duty made it unlikely.[:'(] LEON.

Michdigger

Reaction score
Hey Leon...I know Security Guards dont make much money so maybe a few Dead Presidents and a good attitude may get ya in? Also here is a Link to a guy with some cans and maybe there are a few goods ones in there? Also I picked up a old flat top for you so I will give it to Bill unless your going to be at the Flint show...Scott
http://detroit.craigslist.org/clt/1048485539.html

Michdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: treasurehunt
Get postin Tommy..I will P.M you with a dump in Detroit I found listed in a old book with info of where it is.

Hi Guys: I have been trying to locate a old dump in detroit but have not had any success yet. I have found 2 large dumps in the dearborn area, both are about the size of football fields, one is up to 12 feet deep and the other is 15 to 20 feet deep. the trouble is both are not as old as I would like, both so far have stuff 1920's to 1950's but have lots of detroit area milk bottles. I have not dug them in over a year, I have been concentrating on digging and locating privys. I can post some pictures if you want. It's almost time to dig soon.

Tom

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, Scott, I should of offered some money to the guard, To late now. Thanks for the Craiglist tips. Treasurhunt Tom, I pm you last year saying I'd be Interested in those 30's 40's dearborn dumps but never heard back from you? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Was there any Beer Cans in that dump? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hmmm, Since the 1st beer can was made in 1935 I'm going to guess it's pre beer can dump. Bummer. LEON.

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm a newbie from Michigan.

My name's Steve, I live in Clio, about 15-ish miles north of Flint.

I'm 32, and I've been into "old junk" for all of those years, as my parents and grandparents were always into antiquing. I'm just now starting to get into serious-ish collecting (mostly furniture so far; but I'm just getting into glass, including bottles), and I also have a booth at the Bay Antique Center that I use to rotate items out of my collection, as well as to make connections and score some items that I wouldn't find otherwise. I have a house that was built in 1903, and I've been trying to find things from around the same era to furnish and decorate it with.

I've never done any digging, but would love to shadow some of you more experienced folks sometime. I have lines on a few potential digging sites, but I'd like to know a little more about how things go before I get in to any of that.

So anyways, that's my story!
Steve

Brian M

Reaction score
Hello Steve,

There are a bunch of bottle/privy diggers in Mid Michigan. I live in Bay City and started digging privies about a year ago with Bill and Tom. This year has been kind of slow for me because I had tons of other things going on and had limited time to get out.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi