Milk Glass-but what is it??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollo33

Reaction score
This white bottle was found in the basement of the ruins of a house. It is machine-made but there are no markings at all on it. It was one in a wooden case of 12. The shape is that of a soda bottle, but I don't know of any sodas or beer that came in milk glass. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The second bottle is also machine made with Vancouver Canada on the bottom and UD LTD, a D inside a diamond shape, and a number 6. The writing in the slug plate says Burbon Whiskey in a script and crackling in the background. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_7608.JPG
IMG_7609.JPG
IMG_7610.JPG
IMG_7611.JPG

dollo33

Reaction score
I bought two antique perfume bottles with glass-stoppers. I mixed up the stoppers and put the wrong one in one of them and now it is stuck. Any suggestions on how to remove it. I don't want to pull too hard on it because I'm afraid of cracking or worse breaking the bottle. Thank You

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow yeah that's an odd one indeed. Could we see a picture of the base? Never seen a milk glass soda before.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Try running hot water over the outside of the bottle without getting any on the stopper, or immersing the stopper in ice water while the bottle is slightly warm. GOOD LUCK.

Bohdan

Reaction score
This white bottle was found in the basement of the ruins of a house. It is machine-made but there are no markings at all on it. It was one in a wooden case of 12. The shape is that of a soda bottle, but I don't know of any sodas or beer that came in milk glass. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The second bottle is also machine made with Vancouver Canada on the bottom and UD LTD, a D inside a diamond shape, and a number 6. The writing in the slug plate says Burbon Whiskey in a script and crackling in the background. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!View attachment 212248View attachment 212249View attachment 212250View attachment 212251
United Distilleries was US owned & operated during prohibition and had their distillery on the waterfront on the Fraser River delta. Very convenient to the US by boat.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger