Milk Glass jar display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

east texas terry

Reaction score
This display of milk glass is one of 8 display i will be showing
at the Texas Treasure Show in Canton Texas April 16-17-18 2021
IMG_1303.JPG
April 16 17 18 2021

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You have 7 more like this! Wowie, that's a lot of milk glass. I have a small box of milk glass that i have had a while. I have none of the lids though. Thanks for the picture and thread.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
This display of milk glass is one of 8 display i will be showing
at the Texas Treasure Show in Canton Texas April 16-17-18 2021View attachment 221953 April 16 17 18 2021

You know I just love a collection on a theme. Great collection and display here, impressive! I used to collect oil cans, pumpers and squirters, and my grandpa collected anvils and grease guns. It what floats our boat, yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Grand pa is cool.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

I sure thought so. He was a collector and dealmaker. His tractor barn had amazing things in it he had traded for at swap meets and with neighbors. For a period he had an amazing ebony grand piano, the rectangle shape kind with giant claw feet on a large glass ball, all covered up with tarps and a hag dozen old tricycles and baby buggies hanging from the rafters, it smelled like axel grease and tomato ketchup( grandma bottled her home made ketchup in soda bottles in the 50’s/60’s and used a bottle capper to cap them) because when it got hot the ketchup would ferment and you could hear those bottles blowing their tops from inside the house. Ketchup every where. Wonder what happened to all those early returnable soda bottles. I forgot the chicken feed smell with the diesel oil smell from the tractors. The smells of rural farm life for a town kid! It’s what memories are made of.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I sure thought so. He was a collector and dealmaker. His tractor barn had amazing things in it he had traded for at swap meets and with neighbors. For a period he had an amazing ebony grand piano, the rectangle shape kind with giant claw feet on a large glass ball, all covered up with tarps and a hag dozen old tricycles and baby buggies hanging from the rafters, it smelled like axel grease and tomato ketchup( grandma bottled her home made ketchup in soda bottles in the 50’s/60’s and used a bottle capper to cap them) because when it got hot the ketchup would ferment and you could hear those bottles blowing their tops from inside the house. Ketchup every where. Wonder what happened to all those early returnable soda bottles. I forgot the chicken feed smell with the diesel oil smell from the tractors. The smells of rural farm life for a town kid! It’s what memories are made of.

That sounds like quite an experience. Love the grandmas explosive ketchup story, you can't make this stuff up. Thanks.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94