Mini wine bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
I swear everytime I go digging I find about three of these. I’ve got about a hundred at Home. I’m sure they are on the internet somewhere but I can’t find them. They usually have no markings but sometimes they have numbers, but that doesn’t seem to help the search for “vintage tiny wine shaped bottles” anyone know what these are? I’m trying to sell them and I know they aren’t worth much but the internet usually gives me an idea of a ballpark estimate of where to start and maybe If I knew what to search I could possibly find what they go for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• BB136CEE-1BBB-4FB0-BCD6-F7889AD8A3DD.jpeg
    BB136CEE-1BBB-4FB0-BCD6-F7889AD8A3DD.jpeg
    605.4 KB · Views: 420

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Never seen one of those before, your spot must have had someone going through a massive amount of whatever was in them. The top reminds me of a peppersauce bottle more than a wine bottle. Without embossing value is pretty minimal unfortunately... probably a dollar each at best and even then would be tough to find a buyer in my experience.

martyfoley

Reaction score
They look like miniature milk bottles. I haven't seen any of those either. Possibly small product sample bottles, of what I don't know. Interesting.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Every small liquor bottle I've seen were samples. There are many types of samples, in many styles, but I've never seen any like that before.

I'm just going to go all out and say it was Ghost Pepper Sauce. :D

sandchip

Reaction score
That's a new one on me, too. Never seen one, at least with that type top, which is what's throwing me off.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Hello Cat, first, gotta say wow, glad to see young ppl still into digging bottles! Second your town is Old and rural huh!
So, Cat do you know what you are digging in? Is it an old community dump or a private back 40 type dump? And lastly do you know if there was an old Hospital in the area? I have dug these also (not as many in one locale like you ) and I was told by the local folks also digging that the bottles were from a long gone hospital and that they were drug bottles used by the hospital (not meant for over the counter sale).
Thanks for posting and good continued luck! -Fred

Catcat16

Reaction score
Hello Cat, first, gotta say wow, glad to see young ppl still into digging bottles! Second your town is Old and rural huh!
So, Cat do you know what you are digging in? Is it an old community dump or a private back 40 type dump? And lastly do you know if there was an old Hospital in the area? I have dug these also (not as many in one locale like you ) and I was told by the local folks also digging that the bottles were from a long gone hospital and that they were drug bottles used by the hospital (not meant for over the counter sale).
Thanks for posting and good continued luck! -Fred

Hi Fred! Thanks so much for your reply this info may actually really help me out.

Ok so yes I live in a very rural area, I have a huge and I mean huge area of woods in walking distance to my house where I dig and I find dumps everywhere back there. So at first I started picking bottles right up off the ground. I did this for years off and on for my private collection then I moved away. Well for a year I have been back living at the same house and although you can still find bottles laying on top the ground in undiscovered areas of the woods as I do often. In the front of the woods those are all cleared out. That’s when I decided to try digging. And now I do it hoping to start selling the ones I don’t want.

I find tons and all over. Like I could dig for the rest of my life, every day of it, and still not find even 50% of what’s back there. So I keep finding these “little wines” all over the woods. But recently I found for the first time in my serious year of digging (meaning I go out almost every day to dig) I think I may have found an old Privy. I’m not sure if that’s what it is or not. My fiancé and I recently went FAR Back in the woods to a location we had yet to discover and we found all these holes. I’m about 5’2 and my shoulders and head can be seen when standing in it. There’s about 4 or 5 of them. We aren’t really sure how to go about digging it as we’ve never had to dig past the clay for anything which isn’t deeper then maybe 8 inches or so. We believe there was a house back there because it looks like there was a driveway and we keep finding stuff that looks like parts and pieces of a house. It may just be an old dump but if it’s a privy that would be great cause we never thought we would get the chance to dig one.

The woods are in the middle of a bunch of old houses. So pretty much anywhere I go in the woods I can see the line of houses on at least one side sometimes I can see both sides depending where I’m at. I’m not sure if there was a hospital but we recently found out there was a bank here after finding old bank security boxes (that was an awesome find I’ll post a pic) No one I talked to about it knew there was once a bank here so a hospital is possible. I have recently been finding what I believe to be insulin bottles everywhere as well but not in the same spot at where I found the little wine looking bottles. And we’re talking pretty far away like half a mile. I’ll try and take a pic and maybe you can tell me if they were indeed insulin.

ok I added pictures. The numbers on the bottles are just there to help me categorize them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 341
  • 369AB34A-4901-452A-B748-7F03A1EB9A5D.jpeg
    369AB34A-4901-452A-B748-7F03A1EB9A5D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 348

Catcat16

Reaction score
Never seen one of those before, your spot must have had someone going through a massive amount of whatever was in them. The top reminds me of a peppersauce bottle more than a wine bottle. Without embossing value is pretty minimal unfortunately... probably a dollar each at best and even then would be tough to find a buyer in my experience.

thanks for the reply! Yea I figured they woulnt go for much but no one on here seems to know what they are I can’t find them on the internet either... that wouldn't make it rare tho would it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94