Mini wine bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flasks

Reaction score
Quite the mass of bottles! I think one of the most important factors that determine value is "EYE APPEAL". I'm not trying to downgrade you or your fascination with what you're finding but most collectors ignore that particular style of bottle, as that is more than likely because there is lack of or no eye appeal. This being said, who will take the time to research this?...very few if anybody. Without research, knowledge of any bottle would leave us with nothing but guess work. Just your interest tells me one day you will start finding really collectible bottles and then you'll realize what I'm telling you. Having to guess at what the picture shows would suggest a liquid condiment of some type with a paper label, post 1900 and possibly proprietary. Again, guesswork.

Catcat16

Reaction score
If they were teaching us history thru bottles maybe i would have listened also.

Yea haha I just mean I didn’t pay enough attention to big events that happened that actually make a difference in how valuable a bottle may Be considered.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Horrible how tragic events effect the value of a collectable. Nothing like the atrocity of war to really raise the value of a collectable. If you can find any WWI memorabilia at a good price... get it. They should be in for a major increase in value. In the 50s the civil war items skyrocketed. Seems like at about 100 years after a war it happens. In 2040 WWII items will increase in value. Not your thing i understand. Just a thought.

Catcat16

Reaction score
Horrible how tragic events effect the value of a collectable. Nothing like the atrocity of war to really raise the value of a collectable. If you can find any WWI memorabilia at a good price... get it. They should be in for a major increase in value. In the 50s the civil war items skyrocketed. Seems like at about 100 years after a war it happens. In 2040 WWII items will increase in value. Not your thing i understand. Just a thought.

Actually that’s good info because I do have a ww1 water canteen that I found popping up out of the ground in my back yard. It’s in pretty good shape oddly. It was a strange find that still confuses me. Wasn’t sure what to do with it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado