Missouri!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Have been wanting to dig this fall, now that the weather is starting to cool down. Looking for someone interested in digging near central Missouri, or I am willing to travel. Eyeing Sedalia, Sturgeon, and Arrow Rock.

Missouri has been difficult in turning up pre-1900 stuff, unless you're in STL or KC.

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
MuddyMO here are some spots I am lining up to dig, do you think any of them have the potential to pan out pre-1900s stuff? Located in Springfield, MO. three of the lots I can find on earlier maps.

Attachments

• e2f11963c32b4ef2a862bec16cbd848a.png
    e2f11963c32b4ef2a862bec16cbd848a.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 104

westKYdigger

Reaction score
Bert,Your area should have some good stuff. On the index page of the 1884 Sanborn maps for Springfield, in the upper left hand corner, the index has these blocks off to the side, not showing any houses, but the notations list the number of frame houses found on the blocks. These should be the same houses you have spotted. Good luck. I hope you have some personal connection to the homeowners, I have heard stories of people using info from this forum to dig at places spotted by others. Bad Karma for them, but bad luck for you. They are usually the type to give the rest of us bad publicity & and make it harder to get permissions later.

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Thank you for the info that is what I was hoping! Fortunately I believe they are all safe because I do have very close ties with the owners. Hay MuddyMO did you want to take a trip to Springfield.

westKYdigger

Reaction score
If you would like some more diggers, I might be able to plan a weekend later in the fall. My wife loves to shop in Springfield. I am about 5 hours away & have all the equipment. Let me know.Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator