Mist after cleaning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Good advice for sure. Is it finer that 1 micron or 1/2 micron or something else less than 1500 I'm guessing.
I've asked Jar Doctor of the actual grit of his multi purpose aluminum oxide polish years ago & if I remember right he did not know. Some people use Microns & there is several Conversions Charts you can use to convert microns to grit & visa versa, And I had a nice accurate chart saved on my old computer. Now years later You can still find these charts but they do not seem as accurate to me as many different charts will vary with many different #'s making them highly questionable in my opinion. LEON.

P.S. Aluminum Oxide Polish is finer then Silicone Carbide Cutter. How much depends on the microns or grit.

Reaction score
Hi Leon.
Thank You for advices.
Thank You for advice. I have two more questions:
* Do You think it's possible to take out this mist with aluminium oxide? If yest - how long will it take?
* What kind of aluminium oxide You use? Can it be just for polishing purposes or specific micron/grit?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've asked Jar Doctor of the actual grit of his multi purpose aluminum oxide polish years ago & if I remember right he did not know. Some people use Microns & there is several Conversions Charts you can use to convert microns to grit & visa versa, And I had a nice accurate chart saved on my old computer. Now years later You can still find these charts but they do not seem as accurate to me as many different charts will vary with many different #'s making them highly questionable in my opinion. LEON.
Nevermind this repeat post, i could not delete it & only way to get rid of it was to repost it?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi Leon.
Thank You for advices.
Thank You for advice. I have two more questions:
* Do You think it's possible to take out this mist with aluminium oxide? If yest - how long will it take?
* What kind of aluminium oxide You use? Can it be just for polishing purposes or specific micron/grit?

#1 Yes, I do, did you see my dull (mist not a term I use) cobalt blue Norris hutch I tumbled for 6 days?
#2 I used Jar Doctors Aluminum Oxide, not sure of grit?

webe992

Reaction score
All purpose aluminum oxide is 4-6 micron when I asked the jar doctor a year or so ago.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94