Modified R.C. Cola bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I came across this ad on Ebay. It looks like this bottle has been modified by some professional. I can't imagine bottles being made by the factory like this unless it was a promo. The seller doesn't really say much about it. What do you all think?

Last edited:

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
bottle thats been stretched and modified from original, was popular in the 80's - 90's if I recall
That's interesting. I grew up in that era and don't remember seeing any of them. It's something different but I'd think it makes the bottle more fragile.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah these are pretty common to see. I had one that was still full and had a loop in the neck. Certainly not worth anywhere close to $100, more like $5. I remember hearing somewhere that they were given as prizes at fairgrounds, not sure if that's true or not.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Yeah these are pretty common to see. I had one that was still full and had a loop in the neck. Certainly not worth anywhere close to $100, more like $5. I remember hearing somewhere that they were given as prizes at fairgrounds, not sure if that's true or not.
He'll figure it out when it doesn't sell. Sometimes people throw a price on something to see what will stick.

slugplate

Reaction score
I came across this ad on Ebay. It looks like this bottle has been modified by some professional. I can't imagine bottles being made by the factory like this unless it was a promo. The seller doesn't really say much about it. What do you all think?
I've seen some bottles like that in the past, not necessarily R.C. They would heat them and stretch them somehow. Unless it was some special store display, I doubt very much it was made that way intentionally. I've also seen ones compressed into spoon cradles and ashtrays. Personally, not knowing enough about it, I'd pass.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
I remember these bottles, all sorts of different brands, that were prizes for carnival games. Had two in my collection for many years until one broke. I do not miss it.
I had to look, mine is an RC also. I do not hold any real value to it maybe a buck or two.

Attachments

• P1030540.JPG
    P1030540.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members