Molson Stock Ale - steel beer can

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
this can was also found in the same wooded area as the flat top soda cans I found last week .

its a " pull top " Molson Stock Ale can , 12 oz , Molson Brewery ( Ontario ) Limited Toronto

found a lot of Molson cans over the years mainly for Molson Canadian or Export but don't recall ever finding one for stock ale before so not familiar with it , believe its from the late 60's , lots of original colour on 1 side but more rusted / fade on other

DSC04164.JPG
DSC04164.JPG
DSC04165.JPG
DSC04165.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! I can't remember seeing Molson Stock Ale before, must have been discontinued or renamed quite a while ago. I know of Molson Extra Old Stock but didn't know there was ever just a regular Stock. I wonder if Stock Ale is the predecessor of Extra Old Stock.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice find! I can't remember seeing Molson Stock Ale before, must have been discontinued or renamed quite a while ago. I know of Molson Extra Old Stock but didn't know there was ever just a regular Stock. I wonder if Stock Ale is the predecessor of Extra Old Stock.

not sure it had to be discontinued in the 60's or 70's , a google search shows a modern bottle and says its available at the beer store in Ontario but must of been some sort of limited run or re release cause I never see those bottles or cans here

JKL

Reaction score
Molson Stock Ale is still produced but in limited release. Only a small number of beer stores carry it. Only one store in my area in Kitchener and a few I have found in the Greater Toronto Area. A nice strong old school ale!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado