Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Monroe County PA milk bottles

houseman

Jul 22, 2006
Palmerton, Pa.
KLEINTOP'S DAIRY KUNKLETOWN, PA.
The third milk from little, tiny Kunkletown!
Both of these are Owens bottles produced in the Clarion plant, but both are so weakly embossed on the bases that I can't make out the date code!
I have seen both of these bottles in other sizes as well.

Attachments

houseman

Jul 22, 2006
Palmerton, Pa.
FELLENCER'S DAIRY STROUDSBURG, PA. (HILLSIDE DAIRY)
Scarcer embossed than pyro, I've seen quarts and pints but never a half pint that I can recall.
Both of these are Thatcher bottles. The embossed bottle is dated 1940. The pyro is dated 1945.

Attachments

houseman

Jul 22, 2006
Palmerton, Pa.
STROUDSBURG SANITARY DAIRY
There are a number of embossed and pyro varieties of SSD bottles. My favorite is the one third quart embossed "CHOCOLATE MILK" bottle that is front and center in this picture! It is the only bottle of that size and the only embossed chocolate milk bottle from the county that I know of.
These are all Thatcher bottles. Dates range from 1931-1944.

Attachments

houseman

Jul 22, 2006
Palmerton, Pa.
PENN-DELL DAIRY STROUDSBURG, PA.
There are a number of different embossed and pyro Penn Dell bottles. The coolest design has to be the quart with "PENN-DELL" filling the entire slug plate. On the back it has a square plate inside a round slug plate that says "PROPERTY OF PENN-DELL DAIRY STROUDSBURG, PA."

Attachments

houseman

Jul 22, 2006
Palmerton, Pa.
MONROE DAIRY EAST STROUDSBURG, PA.
Another large dairy that operated for a long time. Bottles say "Monroe Dairy," "Monroe Dairy Inc.," "Pasteurized Milk," "Quality Milk." Bottles are Thatcher and Owens with dates ranging from 1927 to 1947. There are East Stroudsburg and, later, Stroudsburg bottles as the Monroe Dairy had multiple plants in the area.

Attachments

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmclaughlin2012