More Barnegat bay bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ChiefRenzo

Reaction score
I found several more interesting (non-beverage) bottles in the bay this weekend. I found a blue SQUIBB medicine bottle with the actual date "June 25 1925" printed on the base. Also a blue milk of magnesia bottle that dates to 1928. I can't yet identify two other bottles that were found near the previous two, so i am assuming a similar date for them. One looks like an ink bottle, the 2nd looks like a mini beverage bottle. The "ink" bottle has the stamp "113" on the bottom, and maker mark i can't identify. The small brown bottle has the number "4" and some maker's mark i again can't identify. Any suggestions? I also included a picture of the bottle search crew that wades through the shallows with me.
bottle crew 2.jpg
ink bottle bottom.jpeg
ink bottle front view.jpeg
small brown bottle bottom.jpg
small brown bottle front.jpeg

Csa

Reaction score
Nice. Are these near the NJ mainland or out by one of the barrier islands. I’m in Barnegat light, and want to get a small boat to look for bottles.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Even amidst all the negatives currently going on in the world I'm glad to see "Life Is Good" by your great pic. If ever you're recognized on the water I believe we all have the same question. "Chief, Permission to come aboard and pet those puppies? (Boswain's whistle)" :cool:

..I kind of like the clear slick too. The 113 is probably a mold number. Its likely a pill bottle that still has a slight charm.

ChiefRenzo

Reaction score
Csa - these are on the barrier islands. People used to summer or live there back around turn of the century and i think they used their docks as dumps. The Bay is clean now and i often see horseshoe crabs in the shallows, which is a very good sign of water health.

Len - permission granted! you will be expected to share a cold one with me and the puppies if you come aboard.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Csa - these are on the barrier islands. People used to summer or live there back around turn of the century and i think they used their docks as dumps. The Bay is clean now and i often see horseshoe crabs in the shallows, which is a very good sign of water health.

Len - permission granted! you will be expected to share a cold one with me and the puppies if you come aboard.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Aye-aye Chief, ..And I'll bring the dog treats (with your permission.) --I had a Golden that used to like a sip of my suds. Once a week she used to commute to work with me. I looked down one day and caught her drinking my coffee. Oddly, she wasn't big on deep water though. ..Continue to enjoy the Summer in your classic All-American style. :cool: --L

Csa

Reaction score

Thanks. I have a new stand up paddle board, and the view into the water is awesome on clear days. Hoping I can see some bottles near areas where there was development years ago. Sounds like that’s working out for you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi