More bottles from newbie Looking for info (ANY) on, Thanks!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PMbottles

Reaction score
First let me say Thanks! to all of you at this Forum for sharing your expertise and info on my previous post's. A Great site for folks like me who are (were) previously clueless about how cool old bottles can be! Sincerely PM

I will be posting a few Vintage "mini" size Liquor and Liquer bottles that seem interesting and I have had little or no luck find much info using my regular research. Here is one: A Very small 2 7/8" tall x 1 5/16" square including cap with paper seal still intact but un legible except "smaller than 1/2 pint" on end. I suppose it is an old tax seal in addition to the State of Florida State Alcoholic Beverage 7 1/2 cent tax stamp. Both sides have raised letter embossing with LIQUER one side and COINTREAU on the other. The front paper label top portion is separated and partial loss ( appears to have stated volume and 60% alcohol. Below Logo is "APRICOT" Liquer prepared and bottled by COINTREAU Pennington NJ. Bottom is embossed 53 (year?) A inside a circle and.3 below that. Was able to find some old COITREAU bottles on line but nothing this small or similar design/wording. ANY info would be Greatly Appreciated! Approximate Value "ball park" range if possible would be Very helpful as all of the bottles will be listed for sale once I have sufficient info to describe accurately and price reasonably. Thanks to all, PM

Attachments

• Cointreau 1.JPG
    Cointreau 1.JPG
    984.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Cointreau 2.JPG
    Cointreau 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  •  Cointreau 3 Back.JPG
    Cointreau 3 Back.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • Cointreau 4 sideLIQ.JPG
    Cointreau 4 sideLIQ.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • Cointreau 5side C.JPG
    Cointreau 5side C.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • Cointreau Bttm 7.JPG
    Cointreau Bttm 7.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108

DavidW

Reaction score
I can say that the "A in circle" shows the bottle was made by Armstrong Cork Company (Glass Division), Millville, New Jersey (former Whitall Tatum Company glassworks). The "53" might be a date code for 1953 but I can't say that with 100 percent certainty. It could also mean the year the bottle mold itself was made.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky