More brick.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
HA! Funny! Seems you and I have similar interests in collecting! I search the old Atlantic Brick Manufacturing plant, and I find both bottles and embossed bricks there! Funny thing is, there are more bottles than embossed bricks these days since everyone has picked through the site and grabbed all the embossed bricks. It's still a treasure hunt and a good way to pass the day outdoors trying to find the occasional one. I took one of them, painted the wording, and keep it in my house to preserve it. Here is a picture of the one I keep in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_120838.jpg
    IMG_20210317_120838.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 194

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi ROBBYBOBBY,

That #7 brick looks like the hurler might have been wearing a glove. Fingers width, etc. looks a little uniform. Still a great find. One that will be quickly sold if you ever tire of it and the local historical society says no. --Keep up your great work and stay well.

CT Len

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Interesting fact about I.B.C.A.- International Brick Collectors Association is that they do not buy or sell brick. They're not allowed to exchange money for brick they want, they simply trade for it! Bricks are to be found or traded for only. The reason, Collectors of most artifacts often find their particular hobby turns expensive when items become rare and that's when most people drop out. I.B.C.A. hopes this never happens to brick collecting. Wow what a concept. Diehard collectors only and not ones just trying to cash in! I totally commend them. Think this could work for bottle collecting? Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Unfortunately they are not the only brick collectors club out there. Others do buy and sell. I'm interested to see how this works out for the I.B.C.A.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
HA! Funny! Seems you and I have similar interests in collecting! I search the old Atlantic Brick Manufacturing plant, and I find both bottles and embossed bricks there! Funny thing is, there are more bottles than embossed bricks these days since everyone has picked through the site and grabbed all the embossed bricks. It's still a treasure hunt and a good way to pass the day outdoors trying to find the occasional one. I took one of them, painted the wording, and keep it in my house to preserve it. Here is a picture of the one I keep in the house.
That's a great one. Your down in South N.J.? I'm from the northern part. I seem to be hot for the messed up defects. This is one I got cleaned up today. It looks like it is melting. Slag pouring down the face off the top. They have blue clay where I go and I will post a picture of one tomorrow. It is a rare one to find!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210322_205347.jpg
    20210322_205347.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 188

Nickneff

Reaction score
Interesting fact about I.B.C.A.- International Brick Collectors Association is that they do not buy or sell brick. They're not allowed to exchange money for brick they want, they simply trade for it! Bricks are to be found or traded for only. The reason, Collectors of most artifacts often find their particular hobby turns expensive when items become rare and that's when most people drop out. I.B.C.A. hopes this never happens to brick collecting. Wow what a concept. Diehard collectors only and not ones just trying to cash in! I totally commend them. Think this could work for bottle collecting? Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I have a funny story about bricks when I was 10 years old I started working my dad was a bricklayer by the time I was 12 years old I was laying brick when I was younger my dad always would say need more brick so as. I got older I learn how to lay brick block and stone well when I became 38 years old I became an Union ironworker and still do brickwork on the side so I did a lot of flip flop iron work when it's booming and brick work when the ironwork isn't booming neither one is easy job be honest I don't know how much longer I can do this bull work but I've heard from a lot of people in construction toughest meanest people in construction are Ironworkers and bricklayers imagine that and my hobby became digging antique bottles out of brickline privies that go crazy deep I've dug few up to 35 feet what's so funny I'll be 55 years old this year how much longer can I do this stuff can anyone answer me that

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have a funny story about bricks when I was 10 years old I started working my dad was a bricklayer by the time I was 12 years old I was laying brick when I was younger my dad always would say need more brick so as. I got older I learn how to lay brick block and stone well when I became 38 years old I became an Union ironworker and still do brickwork on the side so I did a lot of flip flop iron work when it's booming and brick work when the ironwork isn't booming neither one is easy job be honest I don't know how much longer I can do this bull work but I've heard from a lot of people in construction toughest meanest people in construction are Ironworkers and bricklayers imagine that and my hobby became digging antique bottles out of brickline privies that go crazy deep I've dug few up to 35 feet what's so funny I'll be 55 years old this year how much longer can I do this stuff can anyone answer me that
I turn 58 this year and I feel like I'm 25. I don't plan on ever dying!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Reactions: Roy

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here is the blue clay brick I promised. It is a blue stone color. Pictures just don't do it justice. They once drilled down into the clay to see how much there was and to determine if brick making was feasible in the Hudson River Valley. They stopped at 100 feet down and still did not get through the clay layer!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210323_060636.jpg
    20210323_060636.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 175

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi