More nice digs at my productive TOC dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Man Plummy you are tearing it up! I really like those wheeler druggists. I once had a chance to buy almost the complete set at an antique show but passed them up. I don't know why but I really regret it now. Nice finds as always!

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Are those Copenhagen Snuff crocks in the first photo? Really nice finds dude! I still can't get over all the hutch bottles you get out there. We very rarely dig them around here.

Well done.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Dylan - So you saw a set of the Wheelers before? What were the biggest sizes, and do you remember what they were asking for them? Outside the context of this dump, the general consensus is that they are tough to find.

Matt - They are stamped "Weyman's Snuff" near the base but I read that the company sold Copenhagen snuff so I guess that's what they are. And yeah, hutches seem to have been pretty prevalent around here so they are dug with decent regularity once you get into the 1910s and earlier, but when it comes to blobs I can count the number of Peoria examples I've dug on one hand, whereas they seem to have been far more common out east. This dump has the proper age to produce the rare and desirable circa 1906-1908ish amber "The City Bottling Co Berliner Weiss Beer" blobs though (The City hutches in the dump are enough evidence for me), and at 150-200 a pop they would be welcome items for resale, as I already have one with matching stopper.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac