Mountain Beverages - Brockville Ontario acl bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
there is a collector from Brockville Ontario who has a table at the bottle show in Toronto . he had this bottle on his table and it was very reasonably priced , good condition and I had never seen one before so I bought it .

its for " Mountain Beverages " bottled by Brockville Beverages Ltd - Brockville Ont , contents 10 oz

my book lists it as being from the 60's era

I haven't seen this bottle before although I have seen a green bottle from this company .

mountainbeverages-brockville.jpgmountainbeverages-brockville1.jpgmountainbeverages-brockville2.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
here is a picture of the green bottle which I had saved at some point , not the same bottle , for mountain dry . mystery is what does a mountain have to do with Brockville ? isn't any mountains nearby or in the town

mountaindry-brockville.jpgmountaindry-brockville1.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
I like the red and white label on a green bottle, the mountains scene stands out better than the clear glass one. Both bottles are cool! Its good to know that the drink was "scientifically treated" LOL

RCO

Reaction score
I like the red and white label on a green bottle, the mountains scene stands out better than the clear glass one. Both bottles are cool! Its good to know that the drink was "scientifically treated" LOL

a lot of the acl bottles that I have used red and white ink , it seems to be a very common combination here , few used other colours , a few used blue / white , blue / yellow but red and white are most common

I still can't figure out the connection between Brockville and Mountains , only nearby mountains would be in upper NY state and there not like the mountains in western north America

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a new one for me as well, I'll have to keep my eyes out for one. I think the mountains were used to evoke cold and glacial purity, same reason there are often pictures of mountains on bottled water labels today. I doubt the company had any real connection with any mountains, certainly not mountains which look like that.

RCO

Reaction score
That's a new one for me as well, I'll have to keep my eyes out for one. I think the mountains were used to evoke cold and glacial purity, same reason there are often pictures of mountains on bottled water labels today. I doubt the company had any real connection with any mountains, certainly not mountains which look like that.

that would make sense , there is another bottle from Ontario called " cold spring " so perhaps this one was trying to make such a connection

when I had seen the green bottle a couple years back I wondered if it was a mountain dew imitation as the green bottle looks similar to mountain dew . but the white bottle looks nothing like a mountain dew bottle

I'm pretty sure the bottles not common as I had never seen one before , is a few others ( from other Ontario bottlers ) in this same design from the 60's that aren't easy to find even though there not that old

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Evangeline was bottled by 7Up? Never knew that. I wonder if they took over the brand later or if they were always associated. Or I guess it's possible that it was a franchise bottling for another local franchised brand? I wouldn't have thought that 7Up would be okay with that though. I don't remember seeing that design of bottle before but I'm not surprised that it's a generic one. Looks pretty similar to the other Dominion designs from that era.

RCO

Reaction score
Evangeline was bottled by 7Up? Never knew that. I wonder if they took over the brand later or if they were always associated. Or I guess it's possible that it was a franchise bottling for another local franchised brand? I wouldn't have thought that 7Up would be okay with that though. I don't remember seeing that design of bottle before but I'm not surprised that it's a generic one. Looks pretty similar to the other Dominion designs from that era.

don't think Evangeline was a 7 up product , perhaps that local bottler got the rights for it eventually ,

the design is a generic design , several other bottles from Ontario in this shape , most aren't easy to find though , mostly from small local bottlers for brands that weren't that common

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nice!...same style as my Nipigon Beverage's...I have bottless in that style from Manitoba, Sask, Alberta and BC.
It would be neat to see how many bottles in that style are out there!

20190418_221235.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi