Mountain Dew...how old and are they worth anything?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Bill Porters Coke bottle checklist, It reads WARNING "December 25, 1923" Bottles were issued by Coca Cola in 1989 with small letter base plates for several cities. They are dated "89" and are virtually worthless! These city names, as with all after 1965, are chosen randomly and have no real relation to the bottlers they represent. They are called random baseplate bottles. The original 1923 bottles have larger base plates as do all cokes until 1951. In 1990 non-returnable (no refund) bottles were made with the Christmas patent date, There are not very deceptive but new collectors Beware!

I personally when I first got into into hobby bought these like they were going out of style. Some I paid as much as $15-20 for. Post a picture of the base.

Joey

mrtgobl

Reaction score
hey new to the forum so I just now saw this post.....the Mountain Dew bottles are awesome.....I normally sell the "laughing pig" for about $15-18....the other 2 Hillbilly bottles I normally get around $10 each .... the "filled by" names ould be directly under the word "Mountain" on the from of the bottle just above the hillbilly's head.....those usually go for around $12-15....hope I could help

dollarbill

Reaction score
Just wanted to say nice Dews and the Christmas cokes is a good one to .Nice and clean they all are . Why to go.
bill

tsims

Reaction score
You don't have to wait, those are already collectibles and look great for the price you paid for them.
If any of those on the left have an inscription "bottled by Jim and _____". Then that makes them even more collectible. I don't have any of those with the "Bottled by ____(usually two names), but I think you find that around the base of the bottle possibly on the reverse side.

Doug
Hi,

Hopefully this message finds you a member still. Can you tell me why the bottle by Jim & _ are worth more? Are they Canadian bottles?

lorisosby09

Reaction score
Are these worth any money???
e77f598ee2651ef648b75237bcab1b3f.jpg

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

tsims

Reaction score
That bottle has a pretty good chip in the base so i would say $5-$10 tops Might be less depending on your area). The Hill Billy bottles are the more collectible.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac