Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Mountain Dew no deposit no return bottle uncovered

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
recently found this bottle when swimming , if you've seen my past posts I have a regular location where I routinely find dozens of 40's-60's era bottles . been there a few times this year but haven't found anything worth posting

but I found this mountain dew no deposit no return the other day and knew there was one but had never found one until now . so not sure how common it is , this version is in French and English so its Canadian . says " ya-hooo " mountain dew and shows a hilly type image .

have found mountain dew bottles here before but always the common 10 oz version that you see all the time and was returnable , never found a no deposit version

P7310001.jpgP7310002.jpg

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Nice one! According to 'Mountain Dew - Hillbilly Bottles' Dick Bridgeforth, that one is worth about 15$. There are 3 slightly different variations all from 1968. The book lists them as 'common'.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Nice one! According to 'Mountain Dew - Hillbilly Bottles' Dick Bridgeforth, that one is worth about 15$. There are 3 slightly different variations all from 1968. The book lists them as 'common'.
this is also a Canadian version if that makes any difference , the 1968 date would seem right as it was found in a hole filled with 50's and 60's era bottles

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Nice one! I think I may have seen one of these before, but they certainly aren't common at all.
felt like I had seen one before too but considering I didn't find one in the wild until now , it can't be that common to find . unless you were to run into a 60's/70's era dump and it could be full of no deposits

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Ya seems like the Mountain Dew and the Crush International are the harder of the no deposits to come across nice find

I still haven't found a crush international no deposit in the wild , surprised one hasn't popped up yet . although I've seen several for sale around here

but I have found no deposits for - coca cola , pepsi , diet pepsi , Tab , Sprite , 7 Up , Patio , Fresca , Schweppes ,

and always finding no deposit bottles at this location which have no embossing , unsure who used them, maybe a store brand ? also a local which used a no deposit bottle for a short period but had a paper label

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin2