MOUNTAIN DEW PARTY JUG BOTTLE ... (A FOLLOW UP)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I hope no one objects to my resurrecting this topic regarding the "Mountain Dew" party jug bottle that sold on e-Bay recently for $2,950.00. My only reason for posting this is because I was interested in taking another look at the thread, but for the life of me could not remember the original title. I even searched the A-B.net archives using the primary word "Mountain Dew." But that resulted in dozens of other Mt. Dew threads popping up, but still not the one I was looking for. I spent at least a half-hour searching before I finally found it. Thus my reason for re-posting it now under a "new title" just in case someone in the future looks for it but has the same memory problem I did. After all, it might be the most expensive ACL ever sold, and what some would call the current "Holy Grail."

The thread was started by morbious_fod on July 1, 2010. And here is a direct link to it ...

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/For-all-of-those-who-think-ND%2FNRs-aren%27t-worth-anyting%25/m-321698/tm.htm

Plus here is the original e-Bay link ... (46 Bids)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270601005567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

[/align] [/align]My personal thanks go out to morbious_fod for starting the thread. (Even if it did get a little off-topic from time to time, which I accept partial responsibility for). All things considered, a great thread and worth taking another look at![/align] [/align]

SODA "FLASH-BACK" BOB [:D]

[/align]

C4AFF9BD77B842E4B7E8FFCEC083D974.jpg

Attachments

• C4AFF9BD77B842E4B7E8FFCEC083D974.jpg
    C4AFF9BD77B842E4B7E8FFCEC083D974.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 712

TheCaliKid

Reaction score

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Kid ~

Thanks. But if you seriously think I'm going to type in three lines like that ... you're crazy! Lol [:D] I'm totally kidding, man. I know exactly what you mean and will definitely try it in the future. Either that or ask a doctor for a $185.00 per 30 prescription "memory pill" like my 88 year old father takes. But dad is the first to admit they don't help much. He remembers making rootbeer as a kid back in 1927, and even how much he liked the flavor, but he can't remember what day it is. Go figure. ???

Later,

Bob

P.S. I'm still looking forward to our outting in late September/October and will contact you later to work out the details ... and "rules." Lol, again. [8|]

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm stoked about that trip too. Even if we don't find anything, it's a good excuse to sit around the campfire and swap stories.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I didn't get to mention this on the last thread, but I swear I see this bottle from my childhood in my grandparent's basement. Neither of my uncle's who lived down there recall seeing it there though. Maybe it is just my wishful imagination? I know it's not there now even if I did see it when I was a little kid back in the eighties. The basement flooded pretty bad a couple times and ruined a few good comic book collections we had, plus all my grandpa's playboys. Major bummer!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi