MOXIE GOLD?!?!?!?!?!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
So 9 years ago I got this TALL Swinley crown top that goes with my TALL Swinley blob, and at the time I said it reminds me of a Moxie bottle because of it's size and shape. Well today a local guy sold me a Moxie that he found in a local dig, and wouldn't you know it, the back is embossed MOXIE / R. SWINLEY CO / PATERSON N.J.

I don't know a thing about Moxie bottles except for what I've seen posted here and in other groups, and a quick search of Ebay shows nothing about a bottler having his name embossed on the other side of the bottle. Maybe this is common and I'm just not seeing it, if it is I would like to hear from those of you who have embossed Moxie bottles as well. But it is funny that I mentioned it about the same exact bottler and 9 years later up pops this beauty.

My mentor and his buddy Jim Jack have been digging Paterson for 50 plus years, and neither has ever seen a piece of one or heard of one at any bottle shows. I can't find any mention of Swinley & Moxie on Newspapersdot com or on FultonHistory, it'll be the first bottle I'll
# a1.jpg
# moxie Swinley.jpg
ever have tumbled, and the first new bottle to the collection in over a year!!!

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Quite the coincidence! Great you got new addition too! Please post picture after tumbling. Tumbler is on my list .
Only Moxies i have found only embossed on one side : )

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
Little different take on this bottle. The font is not like that on other Moxie bottles and "M" sort of looks like an "H" and it is Moxie Nerve "Food" and not Nerve "Tonic." As there is no advertising, I suspect what you have is a clever fake bottle designed to trick the public as to what they were purchasing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi