Mug-based Hutch Found!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
I have this bottle listed, but without details on www.sodasandbeers.com and this clears up some of the missing details. I am fairly certain the HutchBook listing was based on my incomplete listing. I got my listing from a pamphlet of the Frank Kendorski Collection.

Drzymalla was listed as early as 1890 as a bottler and as late as 1914. I would say this bottle is an 1890s vintage.

Since I have never seen this bottle in over 55 years of cataloguing Philadelphia bottles and this bottle was not in the collection of a collector of West Philadelphia bottles, I can safely say it is very rare and likely one of two known examples.

EvansBottles

Reaction score
I'm in the Philly area. And I've seen these before. They're not rare. Possibly a little scarce.
There are standard tall bold tops with the same name. As far as the height of the panels
goes. They are fairly common in the Philly region.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Sodasandbeers - Thanks for the info! The 1890s date is consistent with other finds from the site (incl;iuding the 1893 dated "picnic quart" of beer).

EvansBottles - That's ok. It's a first for me, for sure.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I'm in the Philly area. And I've seen these before. They're not rare. Possibly a little scarce.
There are standard tall bold tops with the same name. As far as the height of the panels
goes. They are fairly common in the Philly region.
You should alert hutchbook as to this typo. This is how rumors start. I have told them about errors and they appreciate the information. They say rare and you say common. Big difference.
ROBBYBOBBY64

nhpharm

Reaction score
Interesting discussion on the rarity ratings on hutchbook...Ron has to rely on what he is told by the collector that reports it and many of the rarity ratings are suspect. In some cases, the rarity ratings change with time as well...I know I have single-handedly changed the rarity rating of a few local hutch sodas by digging a single trash pit or privy with a quantity of the same (previously rare) bottle in it.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Interesting discussion on the rarity ratings on hutchbook...Ron has to rely on what he is told by the collector that reports it and many of the rarity ratings are suspect. In some cases, the rarity ratings change with time as well...I know I have single-handedly changed the rarity rating of a few local hutch sodas by digging a single trash pit or privy with a quantity of the same (previously rare) bottle in it.
Rarity ratings based on opinion? Not everyone reports their finds. Value has always has come down to supply and demand. Just ask De Beers.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu