My A&W Root Beer Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

K6TIM

Reaction score
A small collection but one of my favorites, I also have around a 60 plus A & W mug collection. I got concerned about fakes and reproductions so I quit collecting mugs. I'm confident most of my collection is original however. Anyway, Left to Right 1978 10 oz, 1978 16 oz Diet, 1977 32 oz, 1978 16 oz, 1983 16 oz, and 1982 16 oz paper label. Heart breaking to see how cheap some of the last returnables were.
Nice collection you have there I got a full A&W root beer from the 80's that I got when I was in Canada in 1990.I enjoyed my many meal from their drive-in's.Probably the best root beers and hamburger from the 1960's you could get then!

BottleDiver94

Reaction score
My Mum and Dad always took us to get Rootbeer but they would bring their Gallon Jug with the glass embossed Label on it and get it filled/re-filled then we would all drive home in great anticipation of Rootbeer floats.

Jstorm

Reaction score
My Mum and Dad always took us to get Rootbeer but they would bring their Gallon Jug with the glass embossed Label on it and get it filled/re-filled then we would all drive home in great anticipation of Rootbeer floats.
Some nice stories. Drive in theater! What's that? Lol

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
There were three drive-ins around my hometown: One is now a medical complex supporting our county hospital, another is a Home Depot, and the last just this week is slated for becoming a gun range. Hmmmm.

Brnjrv

Reaction score
You so right my friend, such fond memories of when my mom and dad would take us kids to A&W . (Didn't happen very often I might add, so it was really a treat!) I can almost remember the smell and I did love the root beer in the frosty mugs, it was so good, I always had to have a teen burger. Remember the foil packaging?
We used to to A&W after little league games and got it in gallon jugs

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown