My A&W Root Beer Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bad3555

Reaction score
A small collection but one of my favorites, I also have around a 60 plus A & W mug collection. I got concerned about fakes and reproductions so I quit collecting mugs. I'm confident most of my collection is original however. Anyway, Left to Right 1978 10 oz, 1978 16 oz Diet, 1977 32 oz, 1978 16 oz, 1983 16 oz, and 1982 16 oz paper label. Heart breaking to see how cheap some of the last returnables were.

Attachments

• DSCN0362.JPG
    DSCN0362.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 146

Bad3555

Reaction score
Bought all these for a dollar a piece at a big flea market in Kansas. Were really in decent shape. I enjoy building 6's and 8's from my finds. Had more in the carrier, it's from Ebay!

Attachments

• DSCN0364.JPG
    DSCN0364.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Bad3555

Reaction score
I guess at this point I'd like to try to make something clear, I'm not posting my collections to say hey look at what I have. As there are many collections far better than mine. Sure, I'm proud of them, but I so enjoy looking at others collections and my intent here is to share with my fellow collectors pictures of bottles I have found so they may enjoy them as well.

shotdwn

Reaction score
Thank you for posting your A&W bottle collection. A&W is my favorite soda. That’s what I grew up drinking out of the mugs at the A&W drive-in starting back in the 1950’s. Kind of miss the carhops bring the food and root beer to the car on a tray and hanging it on the car window.

shadeone

Reaction score
Love A&W! Great collection!
There's a shop around here that sells it in glass bottles, made with cane sugar. Poured into a heavy glass mug that hass been chilling in the freezer for a bit, paired with a charcoal cooked hotdog... perfection!

All I have to contribute to this thread is my tiny collection of pre-1960 baby mugs:
y4Knt1.jpg

Cola-Coca

Reaction score
my intent here is to share with my fellow collectors pictures of bottles I have found so they may enjoy them as well
I am very much enjoying all of your collections!
Thanks for posting.

Bad3555

Reaction score
Thank you for posting your A&W bottle collection. A&W is my favorite soda. That’s what I grew up drinking out of the mugs at the A&W drive-in starting back in the 1950’s. Kind of miss the carhops bring the food and root beer to the car on a tray and hanging it on the car window.
You so right my friend, such fond memories of when my mom and dad would take us kids to A&W . (Didn't happen very often I might add, so it was really a treat!) I can almost remember the smell and I did love the root beer in the frosty mugs, it was so good, I always had to have a teen burger. Remember the foil packaging?

Last edited:

Bad3555

Reaction score
Love A&W! Great collection!
There's a shop around here that sells it in glass bottles, made with cane sugar. Poured into a heavy glass mug that hass been chilling in the freezer for a bit, paired with a charcoal cooked hotdog... perfection!

All I have to contribute to this thread is my tiny collection of pre-1960 baby mugs:
y4Knt1.jpg
Check these out shadeone, I have twice this many packed away. I can't help it when I see a bargain I grab it. I have this fantasy I might have my own booth or start selling someday!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 130
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 125
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 132
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 111
  • 4+.JPG
    4+.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 111
  • 5+.JPG
    5+.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 118
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 115
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 115
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 123

shotdwn

Reaction score
You so right my friend, such fond memories of when my mom and dad would take us kids to A&W . (Didn't happen very often I might add, so it was really a treat!) I can almost remember the smell and I did love the root beer in the frostie mugs, it was so good, I always had to have a teen burger. Remember the foil packaging?
I remember the foil packaging well. I was fortunate enough to have an older sister and brother who both drove and where else would teenage drivers hang out other than the local A&W. So I was always talking one or the other into taking me with them. Went to A&W for supper then off to the drive in theater on Friday nights. Love the mug collection. I think I have a couple packed away somewhere.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis