my account on facebook marketplace is now disabled

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Maybe because you didn’t pay through Facebook so they didn’t get their cut and now they are grumpy.

RCO

Reaction score
If they were upset why didn't they contact you directly? I believe it is a mistake and if not, what Uncle Bruce said pretty much sums it up quite well.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

it doesn't make a lot of sense , it possible she didn't think the bottles were worth much but maybe someone else did

not uncommon for someone else to decide an item is worth more than it really is after its already been listed for sale or sold , other people she knows could of told her it was worth more

or she simply decided it had to be worth a lot of money and rare if I'd be willing to drive an hour north to where she lives to pick it up , she likely assumed I wouldn't of came that far unless it was something special , so they were bitter they could of got more $ for it

but not sure why she didn't say anything to me or why she'd decide to report my account after the fact

RCO

Reaction score
Maybe because you didn’t pay through Facebook so they didn’t get their cut and now they are grumpy.

your allowed to pay cash for small purchases on facebook marketplace

I'm assuming there a regretful seller and grumpy about the fact they sold me a rare one for so little and decided to get back at me by reporting my account as they knew there was no way to get bottle back legally it had already been sold

RCO

Reaction score
also note I don't know why its been deactivated as it doesn't state a reason or what my violation was

as I use it so rarely , its hard to believe there isn't a link between my purchase of that bottle on Monday and account also being deactivated same day . I hadn't contacted anyone else last weekend or Monday

but seems very off to report a customer , I sell things on ebay like used books and never once have I ever reported a paying customer after they completed a purchase . it seems like something you just don't do unless there is a very good reason

which is why I feel there must be some sort of mis understanding with her and my purchase that day . all my contact with her was brief and professional , I showed up on time and paid exact amount asked for in her ad . as to what I could of possibly did to justify being reported leaves me clueless

have seen similar druggist bottles from that part of Canada sell online for $ 40 or $50 so its likely worth more money than what I paid but I have no intention of trying to resell it , just though it was unique and a neat bottle , it wasn't about the money

east texas terry

Reaction score
I lost my Farcebook account that I used for my collecting 15+ months ago and I never got it recovered. Farcebook are a bunch of idiots, are liars and comparable to Big Brother. I'd say there is a special place in hell reserved for some of the execs.
If you was from China you would be ok

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Why are you whinging here? Request a review, and maybe you'll get the answers you seek.
Actually in my case that did not work. They kept saying that because of COVID they didn't have the resources to look into my blocked account, yet they kept on revising the Farcebook venue. Worth a shot to look into it, but as in my case you may need to create a whole new account.

RCO

Reaction score
Actually in my case that did not work. They kept saying that because of COVID they didn't have the resources to look into my blocked account, yet they kept on revising the Farcebook venue. Worth a shot to look into it, but as in my case you may need to create a whole new account.

not sure how to request a review , I clicked to ask and it said they needed my cell # so I typed it in , then they send a code and I typed it in ,

now there asking for a picture of myself saying its needed to verify account is mine but that page never had any pictures of myself or anything so not sure what it will verify

nowhere has it ever said what I did to violate the terms , all I can think of is one of the people I contacted on marketplace felt it was odd I didn't post anything there and so they reported it but not really sure why as they both meet me in person when I came to pick up the bottles and saw I was a real legit person who collected bottles

all I can think is there was a mis understanding with one of them or they were upset at me afterwords and felt I paid too little for the bottles , sellers regret

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky