My Clay spot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
I enjoyed the story! And I admire you for getting out there. Good luck with some more clays, or, really, anything nice.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Bottlecrazy. I love diving and finding good bottles makes it really fun. I'm just waiting for things to warm up now.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I see you found a Weber cone top beer can. Do you find cone tops often. I collect those. LEON.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Leon,
I do find cans but it's not too often that they are any good. They're usually pretty far gone. Apparently, the color changes on those Weber ones compared to dry stored ones.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hemi check this one out. This was one of my favorites. You can still see the hole in the can though.
Someone found out I collect bottles and gave me the labelled beer which was super cool. schlitz.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've know a few people who dig out old cans from drained lake bottoms. I've dug a few myself. Sometimes they will come out in real good shape sometimes not so good, depends. The colors usually do change especially the reds like to turn dark maroon. If they are found deep in the mud they get better protection, with no oxygen not much rusting. Some of mine below. LEON.
P1040300 - Copy.jpgP1040381.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Pic of my Weber, you can see how yours color changed compared to mine. How many do you have? you could have some rare ones & not even know it? LEON.P1050349.jpg

RelicRaker

Reaction score
How cool! They're in great condition too. I occasionally find a clay beer at a dig site, but they're usually banged up or broken at the neck. That bottom silt and mud are far more gentle than old trash dump fill.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi