My Clay spot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Hemihampton. Cool cans. Thanks or posting the pics. Especially the Weber, I've never seen it not faded from the bottom. I like the yellows which are all gone when I find them. I found one of those cone tops with the indian literally upside down but it was in rough shape. I guess I get too hung up on condition but I've got a lot of junk already and it's hard to keep taking rusty metal....

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Midway 49!
Check out this picture that I didn't post with the story. It is the brass sign my dive buddy found when we went back. sign.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Relicraker. I'm not sure why but I've always had really good luck with clays. I have found them broken, but I'd say more often than not they are whole and in reasonably good condition. As long as they tossed them in whole, they have a good chance cause they were made so durable. Plus, they are just so ancient looking. Prehistoric really which is awesome. But another amazing thing is how consistantly well made they are. I've never found them crudely formed or mis-shapen. Very high quality for hand made items. It seems like the people who made them did not accept second rate work which should have occurred during the glazing process.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Riverdiver. Thanks. Nice to hear from fellow divers out there.
And Bass Assassin. Thanks for the good luck wishes. I can always use the luck!
And thanks to you too Glasshopper.

hemihampton

Reaction score
when you say cone top with Indian I assume your talking about Chief Oshkosh? I got a friend that specializes in upside down cans. I'd be Interested in any you want bring back & sell to me. LEON.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Hemi,
I could post a picture but not tonight. If this thing were minty, I bet it would be really good. But it rusted and is in poor condition. I thought it was a Weber with an Indian on it but we'll see when I post it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Sand.
The brass sign was a No Solicitation sign from Clearwater Florida dated 1923. It was far from home in a spot with no signs anywhere around. Crazy find for Tom but it was cool.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado