My first dig this weekend.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mbsbox

Reaction score
Hello all! Just got all my first batch cleaned and dried and photo'd. Thanks to all past and future respondents to my posts! This bottle adventure for me might be one and done because I found this dump by accident and frankly I wouldn't know where else to look for more. But who knows. I certainly enjoy the Indiana Jones aspect of all this...exciting glimpses into the past to be sure!

Anyway, I put the next batch into the soak, so I'll have more pictures as the week goes on. But here's tonight's feature presentation.

First are the ambers. The only one with any branding in this lot is the large fat one, "Oxol". The large one on the left says "Liquor Bottle" on the base, and the flask is clearly for whisky too. The others I couldn't say. OH! Can't forget...the one in the front right is an Avon bottle (says AVON on the base), and it actually has maybe 10 drops of perfume still in it. Comes complete with old lady smell! Reminds me of my granny, actually.

The second lot are the blues, greens, and some teenies too. The large blue one says "Squibb" on the front, the medium one next to it only has a M in a circle on the base. The small round blue one up front says "Vick's VapoRub" on the base and the teeny blue one is octogonal and says "Noxema" on the base. The clear one says "Chesebrough New York" and the milky white one has no markings at all. The taller green one is "Canada Dry", and the small greenie is "Rolling Rock".

All always, all input, feedback, comments, and notions about ID are always welcome.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Ambers1.jpg
    Ambers1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 222
  • Blues Greens1.jpg
    Blues Greens1.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 225

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Looks like quite a time period range, beer bottles are more my specialty, the "Steinie" amber bottle began life in 1936 and was used up in to the 60's, the little Rolling Rock is either late 60's or early 70's, the other bottles/jars look to be 40's through the late 60's time period.

mbsbox

Reaction score
Looks like quite a time period range, beer bottles are more my specialty, the "Steinie" amber bottle began life in 1936 and was used up in to the 60's, the little Rolling Rock is either late 60's or early 70's, the other bottles/jars look to be 40's through the late 60's time period.
Yes, I'm really eating up the history going on here, and so appreciate experts chiming in. I can't for the life of me figure out what the deal with this patch of forest could be. I've never heard of forest being used as an official dumping ground, but this seems to go back decades to over a hundred years. Might reflect the early patterns of suburbia before there were huge subdivision developments and just a few houses scattered about off main roads. I'll have some pictures tonight. Thanks again!

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
The blue with the letter M is most likely made by Maryland Glass Co, probably for Bromo-Seltzer. There are millions of them, but they can bring from $2.00 to 8.00 depending on size.

mbsbox

Reaction score
The blue with the letter M is most likely made by Maryland Glass Co, probably for Bromo-Seltzer. There are millions of them, but they can bring from $2.00 to 8.00 depending on size.
Thanks for that Dogo! It figures though. I emailed pictures of all the colored ones to my mom last night and that's the one she wants the most to put in her curio window. Maybe I'll find another one.

mbsbox

Reaction score
Hello all. Thanks for all the friendly feedback! Here are the pics of today's cleaned batch from the soak. Sorry, all I have to do this in is a small igloo cooler so i can only do just so many each day. But it means I'll have some to post each night for the next few days.

Tonight are all clears. First picture shows: "Atlas EZ Seal", 2 different sizes of "Horlick's Malted Milk", 3 very similar slope shouldered squarish bottles, one says "Jergens Lotion" & the other two have no brand, and 2 different sized shaker bottles that both say "Tilch's" or "Filch's" in script on the base...hot sauce maybe??

Second picture shows a very interesting squarish art-deco looking bottle that says "L&F Prod Co" (Google says they made Lysol), "ASCO Peanut Butter" (on the base), another art deco-ish jar with no branding that looks to me like honey maybe?, "Pepsodent Antiseptic" (on base) with intact cap, and "Jergens Lotion" (on base) with partially intact cap.

So, as always let me know what you think. I'll have some more tomorrow,

Cheers,

Matt B

Attachments

• Clears1.jpg
    Clears1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 179
  • Clears2.jpg
    Clears2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 177

mbsbox

Reaction score
Back again. I think I'll be sad when I don't have any more bottles to present to the community. Maybe I'll give the forest another look-see this weekend to see if I missed anything. But for tonight this is what cleaned up.

First picture shows 3 large clear containers. The one on the left has an intact cap that I think has a very faded "57" on top, so a Heinz product I presume. The other 2 have no branding but look maybe like Milk or OJ maybe? And the tall thin one could be olives? The 2 blue ones both say"Vick's VapoRub" but different sizes and different logos on the base so maybe different decades even. The small green one could be pharmacy.

Second picture shows "Pepsi Cola" (no idea how old), "Pride of The Farm Tomato Catsup" and "Hensler's, Newark, NJ" (Google says a defunct Beer company). The small one in front says "Bayer Co. Div", so aspirin I guess.

Now for the strange....I found this crystal piece half buried and at first thought it was a broken bottle but it came up whole as you see. My best guess is a cap of some kind because you couldn't stand it up on that needle point it comes to. No idea how old. It also is partially deformed on one side which thought very strange.

Finally is my real Indiana Jones piece. A genuine piece of archaeology! It is a "Chesebrough" jar like the one I posted the other night. But this one has a partially rusted but intact cap....AND! Well you can see it. That looks to be about half a jar of actual early 20th century petroleum jelly still in the jar. Should i be calling a museum? Kidding of course.

Thanks for your comments and compliments. As always, let me know if you have any ID's.

Back tomorrow.

Attachments

• Mixedglass1.jpg
    Mixedglass1.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 179
  • Mixedglass2.jpg
    Mixedglass2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
  • Crystal1.jpg
    Crystal1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 184
  • Crystal2.jpg