My first ebay listing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
The shipping is more them opening bid. That may deter some people. LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
hemihampton said:
The shipping is more them opening bid. That may deter some people. LEON.

I have started figuring mailing by using Flat Rate boxes whenever possible or the USPS online calculator and building that into my starting bid and then offering Free Shipping. That way folks know exactly what the item will cost and are more apt to bid. Just be sure and be able to pack well for safe arrival. Jim

nhpharm

Reaction score
The sideways photos are not so good...try to rotate those back. Also, if you can determine any history on the bottle (location bottled, etc), that is always good to add (this is a whiskey that is researchable)...you might get a non-bottle collector that is from the area this was bottled to bid on it. This bottle is machine-made and that would be good to note. I would suggest lower starting bid prices to draw more than one bidder into the action. I see where an identical bottle sold for about $22 on eBay a little while back...

2find4me

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely don't want side ways pictures. I always have a shipping price of $8 or less on most of my bottles even though I ship all over the US. I try to fill up entire title with words to get the most views. Such as Antique, Cork Top, Whiskey, Honey Amber, etc... Also I think sub title is waste of 50c unless it will be a high dollar bottle. I don't describe the condition in the title only in the description. Some people may just be interested in buying the bottle to display in there living or dining room because of color, not always for collecting purposes. I also list my items for 10d.Just my opinions, good luck on your listing.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I sold some of my collection on ebay around 7-8 years ago. First thing you can do is look up the bottle you are trying to sell on ebay. Find out if there are any up for auction, check the asking prices, postage, condition. Then go to "completed listings" and see if any examples of your bottle sold (or didn't) and for how much. If you are new to ebay and have less than 50 feedback ratings (as a seller) many potential buyers will balk at bidding on your item.Machine made bottles don't sell so well on ebay generally speaking. Unless they are 1920s/1930s milks which can be rare (as local milk bottle collectors know).My rule of thumb as a seller was never put any item up for bid, for less than $9.99. Otherwise the trouble of wrapping, packing and shipping (travel to the post office included) just ain't worth it. This is from my personal experience and opinion. Your results may vary.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973