Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

My first local druggist Frankfort KY

Tom smith

Feb 13, 2021
Louisville KY
MY goal for 2021 was to dig a local druggist and today I accomplished that. Chapman and Williams druggist and pharmacists Frankfort KY. Does anyone know how rare this could be or the price not that I will ever sell it I can't find it online at all? Here also are some of the other bottles that have come out of this same spot. Also, the GEO W.Smith one I can't find online at all.

Attachments

east texas terry

Sep 19, 2019
MY goal for 2021 was to dig a local druggist and today I accomplished that. Chapman and Williams druggist and pharmacists Frankfort KY. Does anyone know how rare this could be or the price not that I will ever sell it I can't find it online at all? Here also are some of the other bottles that have come out of this same spot. Also, the GEO W.Smith one I can't find online at all.
real nice :)

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
that's a great example of a local druggist bottle , I've never been to Kentucky so can't offer any local info but based on age of the bottle it looks to be early 1900's maybe even a bit earlier so its a good find

midway49

Dec 2, 2007
Chapman and Williams druggist and pharmacists Frankfort KY.
Probably an 1880''s bottle as Mr Chapman died 1893 ( google it). Most Frankfort's sell in the $20-30 range. Having dug there, it's not one of the most common drugstores.

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
Vermont
Local druggist bottles have mostly local collector value. Sounds like Midway49 is familiar with area values. Some can go for serious coin depending on how rare, how many local collectors, etc. Others can be just a few dollars.

You've got some nice age on what you've dug. keep digging there for sure.

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colo