My First Poison (Bought)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LalaGirl

Reaction score
4 3/4" tall green hexagonal (poison?) bottle, ribbed on three sides
Definitely machine made. Seam goes all the way across the top of the lip.
Nothing on the bottom except a '2'.
Anyone know anything about this bottle?
Thx

Attachments

• 20230418_210323.jpeg
    20230418_210323.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 100

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Definitely a poison, I mostly see this design on bottles from the UK although I think it might have gotten some limited use on this side of the Atlantic too.

LalaGirl

Reaction score
Definitely a poison, I mostly see this design on bottles from the UK although I think it might have gotten some limited use on this side of the Atlantic too.
Oh! I had not expected it to possibly be a UK bottle!
Thanks for replying! =)

LalaGirl

Reaction score
Do you have an idea of the decade it was made? (I know some machine made bottles are later, while some could be as early as the 1890's...)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Do you have an idea of the decade it was made? (I know some machine made bottles are later, while some could be as early as the 1890's...)
I'd guess roughly the 1930s or so, but I'm not certain. The UK was slower to switch over to the automatic bottle machine than the North American manufacturers. It would be easier to guess if it still had a label.

LalaGirl

Reaction score
I'd guess roughly the 1930s or so, but I'm not certain. The UK was slower to switch over to the automatic bottle machine than the North American manufacturers. It would be easier to guess if it still had a label.
Ok, thank you very much!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
This is a very common British poison. Many used this basic hex bottle with any number of rib designs, embossing and colors. The 2 usually is the ounces it contains, but the size of this says otherwise.. would take some book digging to see if I can ID it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora