My Insulators

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Here are some of the insulators I just could not pass up while hunting fruit jars! The link is to a slide show to save time. Any comments are welcome as I know squat about Insulators.

https://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/coreyalt/Insulators/?albumview=slideshow

100_2737.jpg

SergioWilkins

Reaction score
Very nice group! You have some good old pieces there, namely the piece in the foreground with the mineral damage and a '12' embossed on the crown, and the piece on the far right with W. Brookfield / 55 Fulton St. on the front crown. Both of those styles date back to the 1870s, just after the introduction of threaded insulators!
Keep picking them up!

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
I don't know anything about them either, but you have a great looking collection.
Hope to learn about them through the more educated members on this forum.
How long did it take you to collect these?
scpc

coreya

Reaction score
Since my main area of collecting is fruit jars I only pick up the Insulators if something unusual strikes me or I have to buy a bunch of stuff to get something I want. These I've picked up over the last 5 years or so and I've gotten rid of about the same number of commons. I know one guy localy here that has a bunch of gaynors on top of his fence posts!!!

100_2069.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello to all of you, I have collected insulators since I was 8 yrs old. That means 74 years. I have also studied how glass products were made before 1900, so I am comfortable with how they have been made and a lot of the production problem that they had making them. I just have not spent a lot of time on the subject, in the last ten or fifteen years. Right now I am looking for solid glass insulators. These were created by filling the mold with solid molten metal (melted glass from the crucible). This was done for bottles and jars also, and all for the same objective purpose. I am in the process of putting together a blog on these pieces of glass, that had to be discarded in the glass works scrap piles, because it could not be put back in the molten batch, because it would have just settled to the bottom of the melt and no doubt risked damage to the crucibles. If any of you have one of these or even pictures of them, please send me and email or a PM. RED Matthews

Brains

Reaction score
Here's one of mine for you to enjoy.
enjoy it.

9FDD79CCE1EB4989826BAD3A3A59C5C3.jpg

Attachments

• 9FDD79CCE1EB4989826BAD3A3A59C5C3.jpg
    9FDD79CCE1EB4989826BAD3A3A59C5C3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 167

coreya

Reaction score
Not sure anyone could see the insulators on the posts so I blew the pics up a bit, They are almost all gaynor's and came from the property's owners father who was a dump digger before he passed away.
By the way GREAT Eyes Sergiowilkins!

100_2069-1.jpg

100_2068-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky