My Only Open Pontil Is a Slick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Was culling my slicks and somehow overlooked the base on this one. I dig almost solely 1875 and later stuff, so I never expect to see an open pomtil.
Pontil base.jpg
Pontil slick.jpg

Gues this one's a keeper now. lol

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That's a great-looking bottle. I wish I could get something that old. My oldest bottles are from the 1880s so you're doing very well.
Looks 1840 -1850's. So your not far off the pontiled mark. I dug many bottoms and pieces of open pontiled bottles before my first full one, also to get one with embossing is another mile stone. You will one day, I believe in you.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Any pontil is worth keeping in my view. My first pontil was an open pontil slick and I have kept it to this day and probably will forever since it is just sentimental since it was my first. It took me a while, but I eventually found my first embossed open pontil last year and my first iron pontil soda! Keep looking and you'll get an embossed one sooner or later!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Any pontil is worth keeping in my view. My first pontil was an open pontil slick and I have kept it to this day and probably will forever since it is just sentimental since it was my first. It took me a while, but I eventually found my first embossed open pontil last year and my first iron pontil soda! Keep looking and you'll get an embossed one sooner or later!
Holy grail of bottles some say are a Baltimore loop seal but I would love a good sand, open or graphite/ iron pontil. What was your first iron pontiled soda?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1