Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

My recent bottle show additions

MNJars

Nov 2, 2012
Minnesota
I'm not as big into bottles as I am into jars, but I picked up some decent stuff at this past weekend's Minnesota Bottle Show. My first find was this 5 gallon Red Wing Union Stoneware butter churn crock. I've been looking for a decent one of these for a good price for a while.[attachment=Red Wing Butter Churn.JPG] Next is a nice bottle embossed "Robert Schulze Charles City Iowa" with backwards Z. This bottle has a little bit of base damage, but otherwise is a nice one and from a city that I've been looking for.[attachment=Charles City.JPG] Next is a jar with 2 backwards N's which also came with a great embossed glass insert - I posted pictures in the jar forum.[attachment=Ns 1.JPG]

Attachments

MNJars

Nov 2, 2012
Minnesota
The last one is one that I've been interested in for a while. It's a calabash Hunter/Fisherman aqua, open pontil. There are some great stretched out swirled bubbles in the neck of this one.[attachment=Calabash 1.JPG][attachment=Calabash 2.JPG][attachment=Calabash 3.JPG]

Attachments

Steve/sewell

Jan 23, 2010
Great bottle the GXIII-4, congratulations!!! The Mckearins got this one wrong Tom in their charting they attributed this to the Whitney Glass Works. This flask was made along with the similar GXIII-5 and GXIII-6 at the Moore Brothers Fislerville Glass works 1850 to 1860. The curved scallops at the base of the neck are a Fislerville trait.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gottaloveabrownii