My Rustic Bottle Cabinet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Baydog51

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments folks.

That is my g grandfathers old muzzle loading snake charmer. Back in the 1920's my grandfather cut open a smokeless 12 ga. shell and loaded in the muzzle of this gun and blew a hole in the right barrel. It's definetly a wall hanger only now. If he had loaded the left barrel it would of killed him.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Great display. Interesting to see jars with corks!

RedGinger

Reaction score
What kind of Kodak do you have? You might try the image stabilization setting. Other than that, I think the room might be too dark.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Baydog51

Thanks Joe- I tried a number of different shots with different light but this little Kodak just won't do any better. Or it's probably just me not being smart enough.

Gary,...It looks great...I have to remember I'm using a seriously outdated computer and monitor as well,...(I remembered that when Rick 'digswithstick' commented on your shotgun ,which I cannot see in the pics) Laur always tells me to "come look at it on her monitor" [;)] I love those Millville atmospheric jars. Joe

cyberdigger

Reaction score
You know you should give it a couple coats of varnish or else it will warp.. a satin finish will keep it kinda rustic looking..

Baydog51

Reaction score
Cyber- I think it's done all it's skrinking and twisting for about 30 years on the side of my barn. I went through a lot of boards to find enough straight pieces to work with. My scrap pile was way larger than my useable pile. I built it about 3 or 4 years ago and it's been stable since.

RedGinger- This little camera is just a Kodak EasyShare and I don't think it even has any other settings. Took me an hour and half just to figure out how to turn the flash off. Did I mention that I was an idiot when it comes to photography?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18