My Simcoe County Bottle & Vintage Memorabilia Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Leep1660

Reaction score
i pretty much only find Brown's Beverages Gravenhurst bottles here despite being close to simcoe county , maybe found a couple from Orillia over the years but most were in water so not really any paint left and a semi broke embossed hinds bottle
Yes I've noticed lots and lots brown beverage bottles in the county at antique stores and in the ground, i use to have a brown beverage wood crate. I think because you have to drive through simcoe county from Toronto to get to muskoka which everyone in t.o. had a cottage or a slice of land in muskoka, parry sound and sudbury/ french river area, its a perfect half way point to get rid of your empty glass because u return home to Toronto back when. the rarest browns beverage bottle I've seen is a squat bottle with a air balloon embosed on it under the brown beverage embosed label ( guessing 1920s?)

Leep1660

Reaction score
i pretty much only find Brown's Beverages Gravenhurst bottles here despite being close to simcoe county , maybe found a couple from Orillia over the years but most were in water so not really any paint left and a semi broke embossed hinds bottle
Yes I've noticed lots and lots brown beverage bottles in the county at antique stores and in the ground, i use to have a brown beverage wood crateI think because you have to drive through simcoe county from Toronto to get to muskoka which everyone in t.o. had a cottage or a slice of land in muskoka, parry sound and sudbury/ french river area, its a perfect half way point to get rid of your empty glass because u return home to Toronto back when. the rarest browns beverage bottle I've seen is a squat bottle with a air balloon embosed on it under the brown beverage embosed label ( guessing 1920s?)
Barrie has grown so much don't imagine there is much left of those dumps now , never hear of anyone finding old bottles in barrie although imagine there is still some there
Same not much bottles are dug up in Barrie these days because how heavily developed the city is but have heard of some rare walsh and horse field bottles found between the many small 1 meter wide alley ways which are usually blocked off on both enterances that are found between the large 1800's red brick buildings at "5 points" and up Dunlop street. These alleyways get blocked off for safety reasons but are usually a time capsule since there untouched when blocked off.

RCO

Reaction score
Yes I've noticed lots and lots brown beverage bottles in the county at antique stores and in the ground, i use to have a brown beverage wood crateI think because you have to drive through simcoe county from Toronto to get to muskoka which everyone in t.o. had a cottage or a slice of land in muskoka, parry sound and sudbury/ french river area, its a perfect half way point to get rid of your empty glass because u return home to Toronto back when. the rarest browns beverage bottle I've seen is a squat bottle with a air balloon embosed on it under the brown beverage embosed label ( guessing 1920s?)

Same not much bottles are dug up in Barrie these days because how heavily developed the city is but have heard of some rare walsh and horse field bottles found between the many small 1 meter wide alley ways which are usually blocked off on both enterances that are found between the large 1800's red brick buildings at "5 points" and up Dunlop street. These alleyways get blocked off for safety reasons but are usually a time capsule since there untouched when blocked off.

i don't have the Browns squat bottle , usually find the clear embossed bottles that were used from 30's > 60's , smaller 6 oz and 10 oz version , also some ginger ale bottles for muskoka dry . they also bottled coca cola so lots of embossed coca cola bottles too

haven't heard of anyone finding bottles downtown barrie but wouldn't be surprised there was some there , its the oldest part of the city .

Old man digger

Reaction score
My collection contains Antique bottles and memorabilia from Simcoe County (1870's - 1960's) including the Towns/Cities of Orillia, Barrie, Midland, Penetanguishene, Collingwood, Victoria Harbour, Stayner, Wyevale,Wasaga Beach, Elmvale, Hillsdale, Perkinsfield, Coldwater and Minesing. Companies include: Hinds Beverages Orillia, Curtis Beverages Orillia, Hurls Dairy Orillia, Beers Dairy Orillia, Model Dairy Orillia, Walsh and Horsefield Barrie, Collins Beverages Barrie, Allandale/ Lakeview Creamery Barrie, Gray Beverages Collingwood, Jackson Beverages Collingwood, Smarts Canning Company Collingwood, Collingwood Dairy Penetanguishene, Penetang/Huronia Beverages Penetanguishene, United Dairy Midland, Allewell Dairy Penetanguishene,Georgian Bay Dairy Penetangushene, Reinhardt Co. Stayner, Owl Pen Coldwater, Robin Hopper Pottery Hillsdale and Small Town Apiary tins and antique Souvenir Porcelain dish ware and slowly growing over time :). View attachment 233790
Would you please post photo of shelf 4 and below if there are any more? Thanks, OMD

Pablo

Reaction score
My collection contains Antique bottles and memorabilia from Simcoe County (1870's - 1960's) including the Towns/Cities of Orillia, Barrie, Midland, Penetanguishene, Collingwood, Victoria Harbour, Stayner, Wyevale,Wasaga Beach, Elmvale, Hillsdale, Perkinsfield, Coldwater and Minesing. Companies include: Hinds Beverages Orillia, Curtis Beverages Orillia, Hurls Dairy Orillia, Beers Dairy Orillia, Model Dairy Orillia, Walsh and Horsefield Barrie, Collins Beverages Barrie, Allandale/ Lakeview Creamery Barrie, Gray Beverages Collingwood, Jackson Beverages Collingwood, Smarts Canning Company Collingwood, Collingwood Dairy Penetanguishene, Penetang/Huronia Beverages Penetanguishene, United Dairy Midland, Allewell Dairy Penetanguishene,Georgian Bay Dairy Penetangushene, Reinhardt Co. Stayner, Owl Pen Coldwater, Robin Hopper Pottery Hillsdale and Small Town Apiary tins and antique Souvenir Porcelain dish ware and slowly growing over time :). View attachment 233790
Aw-man that's a dandy collection! I especially like that kerosene bottle.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score

BillHaddo

Reaction score
Well done!! Most of those businesses are long gone, you've saved some history.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Leep1660

Reaction score

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220112_123751.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123751.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 103
  • thumbnail_20220112_123731.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123731.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 108
  • thumbnail_20220112_123652.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123652.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 109
  • thumbnail_20220112_123545.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123545.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 105
  • thumbnail_20220112_123645.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123645.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 104
  • thumbnail_20220112_123855.jpg
    thumbnail_20220112_123855.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 104

RCO

Reaction score
i've never even seen or heard of the diet ale ginger ale from Hinds/curtis beverages , paper label don't imagine its very common . i have a simcoe dry bottle though , was actually found here in the woods

been looking for druggist bottles from Orillia or Barrie but so far never managed to find any , not sure if i've even seen that one before

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown