Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

My treasures found in a house built in 1896.

willong

Apr 22, 2009
Port Angeles, WA
My hometown is Anniston, Scottsboro is a pretty little town as well.

Sent from my SM-S260DL using Tapatalk
Here's a link to a YouTube video of a bottle dig in Anniston--it will likely make most members here cringe:

Although I was too young to remember anything about it, whatever US Army base was located near Anniston in 1952 was, as far as I know, my first residence in the USA. My dad was a WWII vet who served a second hitch after the war with the occupation forces. He met my mother-to-be working at a PX snackbar. Later, I was born in Stuttgart, Germany.

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
Here's a link to a YouTube video of a bottle dig in Anniston--it will likely make most members here cringe:

Although I was too young to remember anything about it, whatever US Army base was located near Anniston in 1952 was, as far as I know, my first residence in the USA. My dad was a WWII vet who served a second hitch after the war with the occupation forces. He met my mother-to-be working at a PX snackbar. Later, I was born in Stuttgart, Germany.
We currently have the Anniston Army Depot still in operation. But I believe you are speaking of Ft. Mclellan. It has been demilitarized and is now a large variety of different amenities. In its heyday it was a major operations point for our military.

willong

Apr 22, 2009
Port Angeles, WA
We currently have the Anniston Army Depot still in operation. But I believe you are speaking of Ft. Mclellan. It has been demilitarized and is now a large variety of different amenities. In its heyday it was a major operations point for our military.

Thanks for the info! I believe it was Fort McClellan. With both of my folks gone I'd not heard the name mentioned in quite some time.

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for the info! I believe it was Fort McClellan. With both of my folks gone I'd not heard the name mentioned in quite some time.
Absolutely, and I have quite a lot of info on the area. If there is anything you would like to know I can try and help.

Skadman4

Feb 6, 2020
Can you see the date on the broken Coke & what city listed on bottom? LEON.
I haven't forgotten about getting the date of this bottle if I can. I also have several small green jar type and a cobalt blue that I believe is Phillip's or Vick's. Several other bottle jars as well. I'll get the picture tomorrow and post them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outbackrhodes