My treasures found in a house built in 1896.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
Absolutely, any particular ones you are looking for? I have three maybe four different ones. Some have their lids some don't. I'll try to get the pictures done tonight or in the morning.
Having issues with internet, I'll get those pictures posted asap.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
Absolutely, any particular ones you are looking for? I have three maybe four different ones. Some have their lids some don't. I'll try to get the pictures done tonight or in the morning.
Yes. my interest is on the jars with lighting glass stoppers. I know nothing about them. The only thing I have is a broken glass disk with a slot crossing it Al

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
These are my favorite jars honestly. The different ways the wire is attached and the styles of glass and images makes them so much more interesting in my opinion.

Clamped Glass-Lid Jars (Lightning Jars)

This site has a great selection of information on them as well as the other types of jars. I have found several other links within this site very useful as well.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
These are my favorite jars honestly. The different ways the wire is attached and the styles of glass and images makes them so much more interesting in my opinion.

Clamped Glass-Lid Jars (Lightning Jars)

This site has a great selection of information on them as well as the other types of jars. I have found several other links within this site very useful as well.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Thank you
This site is really useful Al

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
These are two of the outbuildings on the property. The small blue home is the original homestead two room cabin that was framed over and wooden siding added.
ac0549f45a363e0b39a384438366ee04.jpg
7ff811e022f99b625571a506f011812e.jpg

Sent with smiles Steph

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
That looks like a good place to look for a Privy. Could be lots of good old Bottles in bottom of there Privy. LEON.
We haven't located anything that would indicate where it would be. What should I look for or is there a "usual" location to look for?

Sent with smiles Steph

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you know where the property line is I always start at back corners. If property has a fence or trees or bushes lining the property line then that makes it much easier but I don't see that on your Pics. If you don't know where the property line/boundries are can make it more difficult to find. Sometimes you can find a slightly sunken depression in ground where it once was. You'll need a Probe to find it though. Sometimes it right near back door. Here's a pic of a late 1870's early 1880's Privy I found Recently. Good Luck. LEON.
P1080208.JPG
P1080207.JPG
TOMSPIC2.png

hemihampton

Reaction score
If this is the back yard where my arrow points then try back here with probe, start at corners & work you way across back property line. if nothing work your way up the sides of property line. Good Luck. LEON.
BottleSite1890House.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora