My very first dug bottle ever

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsims

Reaction score
Well it's my very first and maybe even last bottle, who knows. Nothing fancy , no embossing and probably not super old. Thinking it might be an aspirin bottle but can't remember if they were ever amber.
CIMG3423.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG3424.JPG
    CIMG3424.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 138

Shades of History

Reaction score
Good guess, looks like a basic screw-top '30s medicine to me(but I can't be sure because of the gunk, it could be a pre-1900 applied screw top which would make it really neat and much more uncommon). Can probably use some CLR to get that crap off the threads/neck area. I found tons of 1930's screw top bottles just like that in a desert lot right across the street, including some 30's and possibly 20's cork tops. I found emerald green ant poisons with the weird shape, and other little things, but lots of basic medicines like that one too all between like 1925-1940. I sold most of those in a bundle to the local antique store when I came back to collecting with an emphasis on mostly pre-1900 bottles, but I still have the three best small 30's bottles I found as a kid.

The one thing keeping me from being 100% sure how old it is is not seeing the threads and lip fully.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Aspirin is a good guess, or something else similar. Probably dates to the 1950s, I can say from experience that there are thousands upon thousands of those in the woods around your area.

Shades of History

Reaction score
Thanks, i was thinking 40s or 50's as well so nice to hear an expert. Thanks again
Wouldn't call myself an expert at all. The spot across my street I first discovered the joy of "old bottles" as a kid just had a ton of bottles from that timeframe, so I generally know what they look like.

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Well it's my very first and maybe even last bottle, who knows. Nothing fancy , no embossing and probably not super old. Thinking it might be an aspirin bottle but can't remember if they were ever amber.View attachment 217308
Everyone starts somewhere. My first bottle was a 1967 8 ounce Pepsi swirl ACL in 2010. Eleven years and probably 100+ dug quality bottles, and maybe 500 total, here we are. Keep looking and you'll have a pile yourself! Thanks for sharing

tsims

Reaction score
Everyone starts somewhere. My first bottle was a 1967 8 ounce Pepsi swirl ACL in 2010. Eleven years and probably 100+ dug quality bottles, and maybe 500 total, here we are. Keep looking and you'll have a pile yourself! Thanks for sharing
Wow, that's a lot of bottles and a lot of digging. Now i know how a fisherman feels like coming back empty hanged, i was dragging my tired butt home dragging a spade in one hand and a metal detector in the other looking very bedraggled LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu