My wife and kids.........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brutalfly

Reaction score
Continue to feed the obsession!
For Father's Day my wife and kids added to the ever growing collection.
I was pretty shocked but my wife assured me that she got some amazing deals on these.
20220619_124330_(1).jpg
20220619_093830_HDR_(1).jpg
20220619_093841_HDR_(1).jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
"Reddy for President!" ...Someone will have to do some major PR work but he couldn't be any worse than the last two occupiers of the Oval Office. Reddy is electrifying and shocking at the same time. I heard he's gone solar :) ...

EvansBottles

Reaction score
It looks to me that the sign is a repro. There are lots of different sign being reproduced.

willong

Reaction score
Shooting at insulators, now there's an idea :cool:
A regrettably common idea among those inclined to vandalism!

I acquired some rural land in Montana which is bordered by an old, abandoned railroad grade. From the nearest paved road (not counting an interstate highway across the river), walking along that grade for three miles into and across my property last year, I passed numerous poles with most of the crossbars still attached. Though broken in places and sagged to the ground, several strands of wire still ran the course. However, I could not spot a single, fully-intact glass insulator the entire distance!

Here's just one example (realtor's photo from the listing; the taller poles in background are modern power line):
1655915779329.png

Looking down from the hill in the left-background of the previous view, you can see both the modern power line and the route of old telephone poles. The pole from previous photo is near center of photo below. Portion of RR grade visible in the photograph is less than a fifth of the distance that I walked without spotting a single whole insulator on the old line!
1655917183855.png

jc_john1

Reaction score
A regrettably common idea among those inclined to vandalism!

I acquired some rural land in Montana which is bordered by an old, abandoned railroad grade. From the nearest paved road (not counting an interstate highway across the river), walking along that grade for three miles into and across my property last year, I passed numerous poles with most of the crossbars still attached. Though broken in places and sagged to the ground, several strands of wire still ran the course. However, I could not spot a single, fully-intact glass insulator the entire distance!

Here's just one example (realtor's photo from the listing; the taller poles in background are modern power line):
View attachment 237714

Looking down from the hill in the left-background of the previous view, you can see both the modern power line and the route of old telephone poles. The pole from previous photo is near center of photo below. Portion of RR grade visible in the photograph is less than a fifth of the distance that I walked without spotting a single whole insulator on the old line!
View attachment 237715
This amazingly is not the same in Alaska. I recently visited and took a couple of train rides and was shocked to see old lines with many insulators still intact. While the wire was removed, no one seemed interested in the several insulators left behind. Wish I could have stopped the train and grabbed some.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado